Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1
fattyfat
macrumors newbie

Setting up software on new laptop

Hi Everyone,
I recently had my Macbook Pro stolen. At this time I purchased a new one, and I am trying to figure out how I can reinstall the apps I had on the stolen one.

The 2 I am concerned with is Adobe CS5 Design & Web Premium Suite and Office 2011 for Mac.

Unfortunately, I do not have the install disks either. I was in the process of moving, and my bag with the laptop and disks were together.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get these again? I was thinking about reinstalling the CS suite and then entering the serial number that I had, but Adobe only offers the CS6 download on the site. I also did not register it, so I don't have it on my Adobe account.

As for the Office 2011 for Mac, I believe I registered it, but I cannot locate who to contact to maybe see if I can get this reinstalled on the new laptop.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.
fattyfat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:25 AM   #2
James Craner
macrumors 68000

Your best bet is to contact customer services / support from Adobe / Microsoft and explain the situation. I don't hold out a lot of hope though if the disks were stolen as well, as the thief may try to sell on the disks as well, which means the serial number is probably compromised.

Although I know this is going to be of no value to you now, but for future reference I store all my serial keys in 1Passwords secure database. Really handy if you are setting up a clean mac from scratch and saves having to route around for serial numbers in emails. Also you would have been able to advise the vendor what the serial numbers are in a case of theft (I sync my database to other devices via Dropbox). I wrote an article about 1Password here.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:36 AM   #3
flynz4
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Craner View Post
Your best bet is to contact customer services / support from Adobe / Microsoft and explain the situation. I don't hold out a lot of hope though if the disks were stolen as well, as the thief may try to sell on the disks as well, which means the serial number is probably compromised.

Although I know this is going to be of no value to you now, but for future reference I store all my serial keys in 1Passwords secure database. Really handy if you are setting up a clean mac from scratch and saves having to route around for serial numbers in emails. Also you would have been able to advise the vendor what the serial numbers are in a case of theft (I sync my database to other devices via Dropbox). I wrote an article about 1Password here.
I do the same thing with 1P. I never worry about the S/N of any software again.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store