Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Tjs1993
macrumors newbie

MacBook Air has Internet connection, but nothing loads

So, I'm currently in a dorm at a university and have been using my mac on their wifi perfectly fine since September, until this morning. I woke up and want to get on and websites wouldn't load, the blue bar would fill up like 20% of the way and sit like that forever. So I restarted my laptop, didn't work, manually plugged it in with thunderbolt Ethernet adapter, still didn't work.... I've googled this problem and tried everything I could find, manually typing the IP in, changing DNS, EVERYTHING, and it's still not working...so anyone who has any idea how to fix this problem I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Tjs1993 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:19 AM   #2
FuriousMac
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjs1993 View Post
So, I'm currently in a dorm at a university and have been using my mac on their wifi perfectly fine since September, until this morning. I woke up and want to get on and websites wouldn't load, the blue bar would fill up like 20% of the way and sit like that forever. So I restarted my laptop, didn't work, manually plugged it in with thunderbolt Ethernet adapter, still didn't work.... I've googled this problem and tried everything I could find, manually typing the IP in, changing DNS, EVERYTHING, and it's still not working...so anyone who has any idea how to fix this problem I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Hi,
Did you try first with an other browser ? I saw this issue 2 weeks ago.
Reset Safari can help too
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:18 PM   #3
JordanJ
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to JordanJ
Check if it is limited to just your machine. Sometimes a uni network issue could be the problem
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:07 AM   #4
estockme
macrumors regular

I just started having this issue with my 2012 mba as well. I can connect fine according to the wifi icon, but nothing actually loads.
estockme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:35 AM   #5
estockme
macrumors regular

well, i just got off the phone with applecare. we fixed it by going through the "assist me..." menu and running the diagnostic on wifi one time. Remains to be seen if this will work for my other networks but i would assume that i have somehow reset the wifi up in there.

10.8.2 for what it's worth. Hadn't applied an update recently.
estockme is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help