Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In a relatively rare weekend release, Apple today pushed out the fifth beta of iOS 6.1 to developers. The release comes just two days before the fourth beta, which was seeded on December 17, is scheduled to expire.

ios_6_1_beta_5.jpg
No public release timeframe for iOS 6.1 is known yet, but registered developers can download the latest beta via Apple's Developer page.

Article Link: Apple Seeds iOS 6.1 Beta 5 to Developers

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Apple delaying releasing 6.1 because the jailbreak will be released immediately after.

Hurry up Apple, I want my 5 icon dock and SBSettings back!

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Interesting release on a Saturday. Must have gotten delayed and they had to push it out before beta 4 expired.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Release notes haven't been uploaded :mad:

I updated my iPhone 5 and they changed the baseband.

screenshot_zpsa58a92c0.png

At this point in time, I'm convinced the new baseband and expiration date extension are the only changes.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
This is the GM.

Build number of a final build and not a GM, installs and activates without UDID registration, and has no ReleaseType lockdown Keys.

JXChain

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
why did they close the other thread? so we are forced to comment on MacRumor's post?

that's macrumors for you. a bunch of mods doing pointless things.

so a baseband change is the only thing apple can do in a month, truly innovative!

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
OP I should at least get some credit for that Screenshot geez

It's not that big of a deal. Making fun of it is just making it into a bigger deal.

The one in this thread isn't mine. It's different than mine. It looks like the one from 9to5mac. Really, stop with the stolen screenshot references.

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2006
minor UI changes such as the lock screen for playing music, buying moving tickets using siri, and general bug fixes thats about it really.

I think I heard deleting individual songs/albums off iTunes Match is reenabled. Hopefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.