Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:53 PM   #126
AlphaDogg
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Did you try Browsermark and HTML 5 test? Not that specific html 5 test this one, http://html5test.com/

I got the same scores as you
AlphaDogg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:01 AM   #127
kevpan815
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kevpan815
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegieMac View Post
And I can verify that someone else verified it half an hour ago ... as I told you ten minutes ago.

(I would have made my post just a simple: Thank You Apple! But the Forum Board Software said that my post was too Short!)

The bloke who posted one post above your own in the old thread posted proof that it installed on non UDID registered devices.
(So I Apoligize if I annoyed you by mentioning that Beta 4 Expires on Monday, my post was simply NOT Long Enough).

Last edited by SandboxGeneral; Jan 27, 2013 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Clean up of quoted text
kevpan815 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:12 AM   #128
jshulman10
macrumors member

I don't understand why everyones getting so excited for this update. For a jailbreak? Don't you think Apple will know if theres a hole in 6.1 that allows a jailbreak? Maybe i'm just not informed. Please explain this to me.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senseotech View Post
I think the "smarter" way to do that would've been to call this GM, let the dev-team release their jailbreak, then Apple could go "Oh, we found this major showstopper bug in the GM, here's a new GM build (that just so happens to kill your shiny new jb exploit)."
I thought all sensibility was gone and then you come in with the first logical statement of the night.
jshulman10 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:13 AM   #129
Roessnakhan
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshulman10 View Post
I don't understand why everyones getting so excited for this update. For a jailbreak? Don't you think Apple will know if theres a hole in 6.1 that allows a jailbreak? Maybe i'm just not informed. Please explain this to me.
Jailbreaking dev's usually keep the holes under wraps until the firmware is released so Apple can't patch it before a final release.

If Apple knew about all holes, a jail breaking community probably would have never existed in the first place.
Roessnakhan is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:27 AM   #130
kup1986
macrumors member

"Other data"

Anyone know if Apple patched the way that iOS deals with delete iMessage / video / photo data? Meaning delete files stay on the device and start to fill up the "Other Data" category more and more.....
kup1986 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:34 AM   #131
Am3r1ca16
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Yes. That's how it always is here. You either live with it or move to another rumour website.

----------

Not gonna happen. Luckily this is no university assessment article or it'd fail for lack of references to material that was obviously referenced or used from someone else.
Sorry buddy but the joke is over now. You can go try be a smartass somewhere else Tschüss!
Am3r1ca16 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:37 AM   #132
mateo124
macrumors regular

Psh, if I were Apple, I'd leave a "forgivable" flaw in iOS 6.1, then as soon as the jailbreak is released, patch it and release 6.1.1. Oh wait, that exactly what they intend to do...
mateo124 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:47 AM   #133
stephen1108
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup1986 View Post
Anyone know if Apple patched the way that iOS deals with delete iMessage / video / photo data? Meaning delete files stay on the device and start to fill up the "Other Data" category more and more.....
Elaborate on this please... because I think I have this SAME exact issue.
stephen1108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:49 AM   #134
macfacts
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roessnakhan View Post
Jailbreaking dev's usually keep the holes under wraps until the firmware is released so Apple can't patch it before a final release.

If Apple knew about all holes, a jail breaking community probably would have never existed in the first place.
What stops Apple from fixing the exploit after the jailbreak is released?
macfacts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:50 AM   #135
Mrg02d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfacts View Post
Nothing...That's what they do each time. Then the jail breakers attempt to find more exploits with the next iteration of ios.
Mrg02d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:00 AM   #136
PNutts
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3r1ca16 View Post
why did they close the other thread? so we are forced to comment on MacRumor's post?
Site and Forum Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathplug View Post
Quick question. Is that screenshot stolen? Lol
That actually made me laugh. Well done.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:04 AM   #137
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDogg View Post
Dam maybe in the GM
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:52 AM   #138
buddybd
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfacts View Post
As he said, nothing. But devs don't release it asap when a new update is right around the corner since it is likely that their loopholes will still be there unless they release it.

From the devs perspective, they'd like their JB to work on the latest firmware available, and most of the time that means waiting a a month or two to assure it's longevity.
buddybd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:55 AM   #139
throys
macrumors regular

Apple is busy working on iOS 7 and the new iOS features will be included. iOS 6.1 was just a trail in the park to kill time especially with all the changes at Cupertino.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:55 AM   #140
anshuvorty
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJAZZYJET View Post
Finally, some news on i0s 6.1, Hoping it'll come next week sometime. I hope it will improve performance a little. They seem to have taken their time on this one, testing it thoroughly, the same with mountain lion and the 10.0.3 beta/or gm.
just maybe, just maybe, since they took sooooooooo long with this .x update, ios 7 could be previewed at wwdc, and then released in the fall? since apple isn't putting that many resources to ios 6 testing, could this hint at the possibility that the majority of their resources are being spent on developing a totally awesome and revamped ios7 and thus the long testing period of ios 6.1?

what do you guys think?

update: basically what throys just said
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:57 AM   #141
daneoni
macrumors G4

lol at the people who are disappointed. Did you really expect an iOS revamp from the ground up from a point release?

You get bug fixes, and some polishes and thats it. Whether you like it...or you like it.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:57 AM   #142
zhivkom
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuvorty View Post
just maybe, just maybe, since they took sooooooooo long with this .x update, ios 7 could be previewed at wwdc, and then released in the fall? since apple isn't putting that many resources to ios 6 testing, could this hint at the possibility that the majority of their resources are being spent on developing a totally awesome and revamped ios7 and thus the long testing period of ios 6.1?

what do you guys think?
I'm really counting on that. Apple should continue to think different.
zhivkom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:58 AM   #143
WeegieMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
(So I Apoligize if I annoyed you by mentioning that Beta 4 Expires on Monday, my post was simply NOT Long Enough).
Eh?!?

Do yourself a favour. Stop trying to use sarcastic humour, it doesn't work for you.
WeegieMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:00 AM   #144
Droidrage729
macrumors 6502

FYI for what it's worth I was running ios 6.0.2 on my vzw ip5 and I just updated with the 6.1.0 beta 5 without a restore and everything went perfect took about 5-10 minutes to update printed a few set up options and all my stuff was still there. I do not have a developer account so yea I just jumped off the plank and it happened to work out well.
Droidrage729 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:03 AM   #145
anshuvorty
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidrage729 View Post
FYI for what it's worth I was running ios 6.0.2 on my vzw ip5 and I just updated with the 6.1.0 beta 5 without a restore and everything went perfect took about 5-10 minutes to update printed a few set up options and all my stuff was still there. I do not have a developer account so yea I just jumped off the plank and it happened to work out well.
if this was possible, then it has to mean that this has to be a GM release and that the final one will be out Monday or Tuesday.

Most likely Tuesday, since Apple likes to launch major things on Tuesday.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:11 AM   #146
Droidrage729
macrumors 6502

Apple Seeds iOS 6.1 Beta 5 to Developers

----------

Yea I'm not sure about apples thought process but man I get a certain level of excitement /stupidity rolling the dice on my 800 dollar plus iphone. Honestly I'm not going to start an android iphone thing cause that's ridiculous I I do prefer the way android deals with software updates over apple. Before you stone me I love my ios device love love love it more then most of my android devices I just have this dev account crap and making it an elitist this to test new software lets be a bit more open and share
Droidrage729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:18 AM   #147
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidrage729 View Post

----------

Yea I'm not sure about apples thought process but man I get a certain level of excitement /stupidity rolling the dice on my 800 dollar plus iphone. Honestly I'm not going to start an android iphone thing cause that's ridiculous I I do prefer the way android deals with software updates over apple. Before you stone me I love my ios device love love love it more then most of my android devices I just have this dev account crap and making it an elitist this to test new software lets be a bit more open and share
So you updated your 5 from 6.0.2 to 6.1 without Dev account and UDID registered?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:26 AM   #148
Droidrage729
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCooz View Post
So you updated your 5 from 6.0.2 to 6.1 without Dev account and UDID registered?
Yep no dev account at ll I did have a provisioning profile for apps but that apparently doesn't help with regards to upgrading software
Droidrage729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:28 AM   #149
zhivkom
macrumors member

sooo... where can we download ?
zhivkom is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:46 AM   #150
weckart
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhivkom View Post
sooo... where can we download ?
The usual place. It is still uploading according to the homepage banner. They are also confirming it as the GM for what it is worth.
weckart is offline   4 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion