Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

styan5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Hi
Has anyone had issues with their iPad going mental as tho it is possessed. On Facebook it will work for a while and then chat for various ppl will start to flick in and out and the screen becomes semi-nonresponsive, doing its own thing.
But it isn't just on FB. It will open apps by itself and also become nonresponsive to turn off. Usually if I reboot my iPad it will settle for a while but doesn't last long.
I had my screen replaced by a private tech (not via Apple) a couple of months ago and other than the screen lock not working since it has been fine until now. Wondering if he might have stuffed it up???

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I'd check with the person who replaced your screen to see if there's any type of warranty.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I had my screen replaced by a private tech (not via Apple) a couple of months ago and other than the screen lock not working since it has been fine until now. Wondering if he might have stuffed it up???

It is very likely stuffed up, or a bad screen. Take it back to the tech that did it and have him fix it.

wazgilbert

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
UK South
YES, YES I HAVE!!!

Although it seems to have calmed down a bit now. It's as if after the update it has been calibrating itself? Definitely a major step-change in sensitivity in this update.

I also have a hardware issue, a dead stripe of screen about 2/3rds across the width, running the whole length of it. Before the update, just dead, annoying, but inert. After the update, it would flit about like a mad thing.

Tried DFU restore based on advice from forum, but it seemed no real benefit.

2 days of sulking and leaving it in a drawer and now I'm typing on it again. Weird.

wazgilbert

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
UK South
Before; [6.0.1]

e356304755f3c66a097164bb5b65b967_zps5ca22c58.jpg

Right in the typing zone for landscape. Doh. ( turn 180 ok )

After; [6.1]

deecb4efcf8ae49204d73893bc502b74_zpsbeb52df8.jpg

And I don't know why. It went scatty for two days, and while I performed various reinstalls of iOS to try and figure it out, the last, clean DFU seems to have done it. I then restored from back up and got my data back. Seems ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.