Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hjteo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Hi all,

I have a 2007ish MBP running Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.8, and it's start to get old, slow and a little bit unreliable. We have a 3TB WD MyBook as our wireless backup, and it's organised so that my wife and I have our own sections, plus a section for Time Machine backups.

There is also a separate sector within it called Music, to which I copied my 108GB of music so that we can both stream it from anywhere in the house. However, despite the copy being complete, I can't actually open the folder - it is faded and sits forever saying "Calculating Size...".

I thought it might be corrupted so I lined it up for a delete, but it seems that certainly most, if not all, of the files are in there.

I tried to figure out the formatting etc. but the overall drive just says "Mac server" and the music folder itself is a "Sharepoint".

Any help available? I am a little desperate to ensure my music collection is not lost, and wirelessly backing up that much data is somewhat time consuming...

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.