Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:37 AM   #1
Beanerama
macrumors newbie

Can me new Verizon Ipad...be used to remotely monitor me if hacked by NSA?

I was wondering, if it is possible for Big Brother (NSA-HLS-FBI) to take control of my Ipad (without my waiver) to listen and record video of everything I say or do in the privacy of my home?

How would I know if a Verizon account had been activated.

Grew suspicious because the Ipad with a case cover...would automatically turn on, when I lifted the cover allowing light onto the camera?

How would I know?

Perhaps, I'm a bit overly suspicious...but...I have stories to tell about intrusive surveillance in which The Patriot Act Section 215 was used against me, yet...after charges were filed, there was no mention of how or what legal theory was used to gather the info?

The Patriot Act is used secretly, in violation of The Brady Ruling requiring prosecutors to "turn over the entire surveillance file"?

Thus, no one can challenge the Patriot Act in court, because there is no notice of it's use? A Discovery Order is always rubberstamped by judges, but prosecutors seem to ignore "secret off paper" civilian contract surveillance files?

How would anyone know...if Big Brother is monitoring and not minimizing the intrusion pursuant to a court order?...and...without warrants, then prosecutors have to acknowledge abuse of Pat Act Section 215 (..."we can seize anything from any source that we deem relevent to an ongoing investigation"...).
Beanerama is offline   0
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:41 AM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Remove the tinfoil hat. The iPad automatically wakes up when using a case that supports it.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:46 AM   #3
Beanerama
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Remove the tinfoil hat. The iPad automatically wakes up when using a case that supports it.
That's a very quick response for my first ever post at this forum...are you working for Big Brother?

The reason why the problem bothered me was:....why would merely allowing light onto the camera (removing the cover) turn on the computer? I guess...one could "turn off the Ipad" rather than putting it to sleep...some have said, "you shouldn't do that"?

I think the Ipad, is capable of being a live bug recording everything said when it is asleep...no? What would stop Big Brother, who follows no law and admits nothing to any judge or prosecutor or defence counsel?
Beanerama is offline   0
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:49 AM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Umm, it's because the iPad has magnets in it as well as the case. It has nothing to do with the camera.

If you're concerned about privacy, place some tape over the camera holes.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:54 AM   #5
pat park
macrumors 6502a

is the op Bonskovy's brother?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:05 AM   #6
blueroom
macrumors 603

Should the NSA be concerned about you?
blueroom is offline   0
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

Paranoia is just commen sense when everyone is out to get you.
Ashwood11 is offline   0
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Grew suspicious because the Ipad with a case cover...would automatically turn on, when I lifted the cover allowing light onto the camera?
Whiff of troll.
Aspasia is offline   0
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:21 AM   #9
koa
macrumors regular

By posting here they now know you are on to the ipad so check all the smoke detectors, behind the electrical receptacles and switch plates, light fixtures (and bulbs) and the toaster. Always talk by running water. If a bipolar blond chick wants to sleep with you just go with it, you'll be fine, she's on your side.
koa is offline   3
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:01 PM   #10
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanerama View Post
That's a very quick response for my first ever post at this forum...are you working for Big Brother?

The reason why the problem bothered me was:....why would merely allowing light onto the camera (removing the cover) turn on the computer?
It's not about the light, it's about the cover. There are magnets inside of Apple's cases and covers and most 3rd party ones specifically to wake it up if you lift up the cover. If you don't want it to do that then you need to go into the settings and under General turn off the iPad cover lock/unlock which is on by default.
charlituna is offline   0
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:09 PM   #11
Fireproof!
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by koa View Post
By posting here they now know you are on to the ipad so check all the smoke detectors, behind the electrical receptacles and switch plates, light fixtures (and bulbs) and the toaster. Always talk by running water. If a bipolar blond chick wants to sleep with you just go with it, you'll be fine, she's on your side.
Good point. Behind electrical sockets and light switch plates are where they tend to hide the bugs. This guy should definitely inspect behind every one of them in his house. And since they probably know his closest friends and family, he should do the same to theirs.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:22 PM   #12
blueroom
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
Whiff of troll.
Wasn't that a movie starring Al Pacino?
blueroom is offline   0
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:27 PM   #13
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
The hat will block all monitoring of your iPad. Better keep it on.
thewitt is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland