Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:24 PM   #101
2IS
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEmajr View Post
Probably because Google is still trying to figure out that right design that works. Apple figured it out right out if the gate in 2007. That's why they're just refining it now. No need to have a massive overhaul when what you already have works fine.
Would there be a reason to overhaul if your entire first sentence was fabricated fanboy talk? Because that's all it was.
2IS is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:28 PM   #102
teejaysyke
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarScott View Post
Just don't understand why someone who isn't obsessed with Apple products would be commenting on or ever reading MacRumors. Seems a little silly if you're no interested in buying Apple's products.
Hmmm? Maybe because they used to love Apples products, but now they're realizing that they're way behind competition and not as great as they claim.

Also, I know it's hard to comprehend, but you don't have to LOVE everything Apple does. They may own a Macbook, an iPod, anything, that doesn't mean they have to like what's happening in the iPhone department.
teejaysyke is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:34 PM   #103
JarScott
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejaysyke View Post
Hmmm? Maybe because they used to love Apples products, but now they're realizing that they're way behind competition and not as great as they claim.

Also, I know it's hard to comprehend, but you don't have to LOVE everything Apple does. They may own a Macbook, an iPod, anything, that doesn't mean they have to like what's happening in the iPhone department.
No. Everyone on MacRumours must have a desire to be the next Steve Jobs. They're just the rules my friend.
JarScott is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:35 PM   #104
alexgowers
macrumors 6502

Love the blurriest pictures ever. I think the leak was taken with a potato too.

since im in a two year contract on the iphone 5 i'm not too bothered about the next iphone iteration.

But for those who are i sincerly hope that you all get two options a 4.8/4.5 inch version for those who want a bigger screen.

and then the normal 5s upgrade that deals with the fragility of the aluminium. it's just not anywhere near as good as the steal 4/4s and even the added weight would be fine for most if you can get a totally bombproof phone. I really thought that was what apple was going for in the 5.

I get that sinking feeling that we are going to get a mini moniker going on somewhere!
alexgowers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:06 PM   #105
Navdakilla
macrumors 65816

I'm fully satisfied with the iphone 5, love it, it does everything I want it to do and couldn't be happier.

With that said as a young adult I can see the trend around me. More people are calling apple boring and outdated, and android phones are becoming "cooler" and "the phones to have"

Both the iphone 5s and 6 will be nice and all, but they need to do something over on the software side in order to make a comeback in the phone world.

I think iOS 7 will be a make it or break it deal for apple.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:08 PM   #106
irDigital0l

All I want...

1. Larger screen size option

2. iOS with UI changes

how hard can it be Apple?
irDigital0l is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:09 PM   #107
Cod3rror
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid1983 View Post
Here we... go.
Cod3rror is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:15 PM   #108
Smartass
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhawks View Post
Isn't the 5S really the 7 and if they launch a 6, why not call it the 6S right away (S for Sexy, wait Apple doesn't do sex)?

And, with an ios 7 coming , should the 6 not be called the 7.

And, since they launch it only in 14 ,which is divisible by 7 = 2 - TWO,
it's clear that they will launch TWO iPhones.

And, if you multiply iphone 6 x ios 7 = 42, which is the new screen size 4.2!
and this is the reason why they're going to call it iphone MATH!
Smartass is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:28 PM   #109
Rogifan
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8P'CS View Post
Getting boring now. How many times can you keep giving a company money yearly for the same OS and slightly tweaked phone?!?

I for sure won't until something that really changes the game comes a long. Have the 5 and i'm happy
How the he!! can you tell from these photos what the next iPhone is going to look like or what features it will have?!? Good grief.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:42 PM   #110
macosxuser01
macrumors 6502

SERIOUSLY!?!?! It's a never ending process......
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:42 PM   #111
Samuriajackon
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartass View Post
and this is the reason why they're going to call it iphone MATH!
iPhone Bigger, thats what it should be called... Or iPad smaller
Samuriajackon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:42 PM   #112
dazed
macrumors 6502a

Android is now the cool toy which isn't difficult considering how many phones get released with it.

I'm happy with that, I got my original 3GS because I just wanted a phone that had a decent camera and could display web pages properly. Suddenly that made me a iSheep

If I continue with apple, I'm sure ill be happy with the uncool 5S.
dazed is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:53 PM   #113
Sedrick
macrumors 68030

I think most of us are long past giving a damn what an internal hunk of the next iPhone looks like.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:57 PM   #114
raptorstv
Banned

Does this leak confirm a larger iphone in the making?
raptorstv is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:00 PM   #115
turtlez
Banned

haha another build your own iPhone week by week guide
turtlez is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:03 PM   #116
j4zb4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster69 View Post
As an Apple user since 1986, I'm ready to just ship when it comes to my phone choice. Sorry, 4 inches doesn't cut it anymore. People want larger screens. Offer them choices. I find their lack of choices disturbing and arrogant and they fail to see that the larger screens are here to stay, especially outside the U.S.

This spells trouble for Apple as I believe the 5S will be universally panned by the media and Wall St.

I've owned an iPhone since the first one. The 5 will be my last one until Apple decides to offer consumers a larger sized iPhone. Hope someone in Cup. is listening.

Tell Apple what you think....

http://www.apple.com/feedback/
Awwww so cute... I don't think so though...
j4zb4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:03 PM   #117
turtlez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navdakilla View Post
I'm fully satisfied with the iphone 5, love it, it does everything I want it to do and couldn't be happier.

With that said as a young adult I can see the trend around me. More people are calling apple boring and outdated, and android phones are becoming "cooler" and "the phones to have"

Both the iphone 5s and 6 will be nice and all, but they need to do something over on the software side in order to make a comeback in the phone world.

I think the iPhone 5 still looks and feels way better than any competition out there. I even prefer the iPhone 3 shell to the current competition. iOS works, I don't need it to be able to make me a sandwich or give me temperature on my computer so android is just another platform. I use phone as a phone
turtlez is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:06 PM   #118
growlf
macrumors member

Innovation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navdakilla View Post

I disagree with iOS 7 being make-it-or-break it, but I do agree that it's time to revisit the user experience.

First, a tiny rant (not directed at this poster, BTW) - I've been using Macs since 1984. I have two operational Lisas, a NeXT Cube, etc... I'm a fan. That said, I don't know where this "Apple doesn't innovate" nonsense comes from. EVERYTHING with Apple has always been slow. There were harddrive-based MP3 players that played full color movies when the iPod was sitting there with a dinky display. Macs have always gotten incrementally faster over the years. The changes to the iMac and MacBook lines this year are some of the most dramatic ever. The iPhone 5 has a chip that PEOPLE designed. It runs circles around other phones performance-wise. In the last year, Apple introduced a retina display tablet WAY before anyone else. They introduced a future-proof connection standard that you can't break off inside the damned tablet/phone (talking to you Kindle Fire.) They have devices with a fit and finish (iPhone 5/iPad mini) that is beautiful.

What innovations is the world looking for? NFC? Okay... maybe someday it will be useful? A giant screen hardly seems innovative, but... is that what folks want? Everyone is throwing around the word "innovation" but, Apple has always been slow out the gate and introduced products that were more expensive and less feature-filled than the pundits would have you believe.

Now, I'll answer the question as to what people want... they don't want innovation. They want shiny paint. iOS 6 is great from a development perspective (yes, I develop). With the exception of longer multitasking times and some kind of widget/overlay system, there's not a whole lot you can't do... and those limitations are purely cosmetic. (It's not like Apple has to spend 5 years trying to figure out how to let your phone run Apps in the background, or let you swap out the default keyboard... they just have to let developers submit apps that do those things.)

So, if it's not the underlying OS that needs work, not the devices themselves, what is it? It's the coat of paint. Being able to make things look cool, adding more customization options, etc. That's pretty much it. I don't disagree that it's time for a makeover, but let's stop calling it "innovation" like it's some sort of life-changing experience. The closest thing anyone is doing in terms of interface innovation is Microsoft's Metro. The kludge of old and new in Windows 8 is a mess, but the UI is unique and refreshing. Of course, ask WebOS where UI innovation gets you.

At the end of the day, I want to open Mail on my device, read my mail. I want to open Evernote and type in a few notes. As long as my device lets me do that, that's what's important to me.

Since I'm just continuing to type, here's one "innovation" I'd like to see - I'd love to Siri expanded to Xcode. For every UI object, provide alternative spoken commands and spoken feedback. Allow any application to accept input and provide output through Siri. Yes, you can kludge the input-side of things right now, but I'm talking about truly integrating spoken language as the UI. Would be cool, I believe.
growlf is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:07 PM   #119
Adam22
macrumors regular

I want ipad mini 2 no longer than march plz
Adam22 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:08 PM   #120
Soundburst
macrumors 6502a

I think I speak for a great many people when I say.... "you're already beginning to report this stuff? Bore off mac rumours. Please just bore off".
Soundburst is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:30 PM   #121
tech4all
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatzplanet View Post
I love how all these "I'm going to change phones unless they make them bigger" comments all come from MacRumor noobies who just joined this forum this month. I guess Samsung pays people to post things...
Well I'm not a noob and can agree with them. Not just size but other things.

Quote:
Just don't understand why someone who isn't obsessed with Apple products would be commenting on or ever reading MacRumors. Seems a little silly if you're no interested in buying Apple's products.
You don't have to be obsessed with Apple do read MR. In that case everyone would be a fan...

Apple isn't perfect and they need to step up their game. Making something thinner and an extra row of icons doesn't quite cut it anymore
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:40 PM   #122
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me View Post
EXIF Data shows that this photo was taken using a "Potato".
That or they mushed potato over the camera lens to make it nice and fuzzy
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:10 PM   #123
apolloa
macrumors 68040

Seriously, iPhone 6 parts....... seriously..... wwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy??????? If it's over a year out then surely it's hardly set in stone that the part is final in any way surely?

Meh you can't tell much from them anyway, they should have used a baked potato because it's obvious they used a small cheap new potato.
apolloa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:38 PM   #124
flavr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
What more do you expect from a simple generation upgrade? That is basically what the 3GS and 4S were. The 5S won't be any different.
I realize the product refresh cycle Apple uses with the iPhone, but Apple only has ONE phone...and to give it a slight speed bump is disappointing. The Samsung Galaxy 4 is coming out and its going to be a nice piece of kit...Apple needs to be even more competitive...

I say that as an Apple customer and as an Apple shareholder
flavr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:00 PM   #125
Thunderhawks
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
iPhone 5 has IOS 6 so they could call it the 6 with IOS 7
6 plus 7 = 13, so we'll get to see this in 2013

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion