Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

French site Nowhereelse.fr shares [Google translation] a pair of photos of what the original source claims are speaker enclosures for both the upcoming iPhone 5S and a future iPhone 6. The two parts are similar in appearance both to each other and to the corresponding iPhone 5 part, but do contain several differences.

iphone_5s_6_speakers_1.jpg
Photo of claimed iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 speaker enclosures with iPhone 5 part superimposed
It is of course impossible to tell for certain whether the parts are indeed legitimate and whether they are intended for the upcoming iPhone models as claimed. Nowehereelse.fr has published a number of accurate photos in the past, but typically obtains the photos by scouring web postings from Asia and thus the photos typically come from a variety of sources that make it difficult to determine their reliability.

iphone_5s_6_speakers_2.jpg
Edge view of claimed iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 speaker enclosures

Article Link: First Alleged Part Photos from iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 Surface

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Its hard to get excited when really, its just an iPhone 5 with speed (most apps now dont even take advantage of the current A6 speed) and camera upgrades...ZZZZzzzz

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2009
it's funny how people can leak pictures of future parts

but these pics are always with a krappy quality

if one can really access to these parts for real, i don't see why picture quality could be so bad

even the cheapest smartphone can take better pics

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Its hard to get excited when really, its just an iPhone 5 with speed (most apps now dont even take advantage of the current A6 speed) and camera upgrades...ZZZZzzzz

Totally agree. We all know that Apple's primary goal is to make their products faster and thinner. It's getting really tiresome.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006

if one can really access to these parts for real, i don't see why picture quality could be so bad

I think they look fantastic for photos taken on a potato.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012

Chinese kids can't afford Smartphones

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

They resemble the image quality of my Galaxy Nexus, come to think of it...

jake0112

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
Ah, and we repeat.

Every year it's the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it and macrumors does a fine job of reporting it. But I'm getting tired of the rinse and repeat, we were here last year and we'll be here next.

Not trolling but just my initial thought.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
I'm starting to wonder if i should stop reading MacRumor and other sites like that, just to be more excited when apple announces the new device. it seems everything leaks out early.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Wait? Does Apple start designing the next next version while making the next? At least they don't announce the next next while announcing the next's close shipping date :rolleyes: If anybody ever wonders why Palm failed under HP tell them that.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
They need to skip the "S" iteration this time around for two reasons:

- The incredible paint chipping iPhone 5 design is like the 1st Gen iPod Nano. It needs changed now.

- Any perceived lack of innovation will take a big chunk out of their stock price now. Waiting till October to re-release an old design with a spec bump will do just that.

Unless iOS 7 is a monumental leap forward Apple's headed the way of Sony. I don't want to see it happen. I call it like I see it. :cool:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
i get the 5S since that is coming out this year. IF the other part is indeed for the iphone 6... does that mean that they are going to release 5S in March/April and 6 in Sept/Oct? interesting.

5S- Q1 2013
6- Q4 2013

OR the iphone 6 part is for the iPad mini 2.

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
Unless iOS 7 is a monumental leap forward Apple's headed the way of Sony. I don't want to see it happen. I call it like I see it. :cool:

I think they're already there with the iPhone. iOS is very dated now, and the bandaids such as maps, siri, notification center, spotlight, etc., that they've stuck on to it need an overhaul.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I think they're already there with the iPhone. iOS is very dated now, and the bandaids such as maps, siri, notification center, spotlight, etc., that they've stuck on to it need an overhaul.
You're listing some pretty major features there. I'm thinking Apple will not impress you with iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.