Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:36 AM   #1
bgsnmky
macrumors regular

Print Size on 27 inch screen

SO I love my new imac 27inch and the screen is awesome and big...BUT the big doesn't help on some pages.

Example In safari - the print is always so small I zoom in with my track pad.
I have gone into settings and changed the part where it says never show any font less than xx and picked a few numbers, but then the print doesn't always line up and fit.

Any suggestions? or do I need to change browsers? or is there an app that can change it?

In email, I have changed to the standard view to increase the font.
bgsnmky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:42 PM   #2
perspectivebass
macrumors newbie

Maybe new glasses

You could try chrome I though it has more options for reading settings dont know for sure tough!
perspectivebass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:48 AM   #3
bgsnmky
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspectivebass View Post
Maybe new glasses

You could try chrome I though it has more options for reading settings dont know for sure tough!
HAHA! Wearing glasses at all would be good. But on my pc (which I am on right now for work)...I have no problems...and I am thinking what is the point of the big screen if you can't make it bigger
bgsnmky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Megaoctane
macrumors regular

you could change the resolution to 1920*1080? But then again you loose a lot of screen space when working with multiple windows..
Megaoctane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsnmky View Post
SO I love my new imac 27inch and the screen is awesome and big...BUT the big doesn't help on some pages.

I have gone into settings and changed the part where it says never show any font less than xx and picked a few numbers, but then the print doesn't always line up and fit.

Any suggestions? or do I need to change browsers? or is there an app that can change it?

I use the Safari extension Quickstyle to reset font sizes on specific pages.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:35 PM   #6
rkaufmann87
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsnmky View Post

Have you tried Comand + and Command - keyboard commands to enlarge and make smaller text?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac