Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:25 PM   #1
urban.spaceman
macrumors member

Likelihood of a significant update in the autumn?

I have recently had my 2 month old iPod Touch 5 thieved (made even more annoying by the fact I had my 3rd gen nicked when I was living in New Zealand 18 months ago) so I'm looking to replace it as soon as possible; however, I was wondering if there's an update coming in September that's worth the wait (i.e. a bit more than new colours etc).

Should I wait or should I be checking eBay?
urban.spaceman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Jsameds
macrumors 6502a

Did you not have 'Find my iPhone' or iCloud enabled?
Jsameds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Based on past updates, the low end model will be updated to the newest design. The 32G and 64G will see very little change if any (colors, etc). If you want a 16G Touch that is the latest model, I might wait till fall (September / October). Otherwise, consider buying a replacement now.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:30 AM   #4
urban.spaceman
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsameds View Post
Did you not have 'Find my iPhone' or iCloud enabled?
Yep, both enabled, but the evil twat who stole it has either not used it on wifi or has reset it - there's no trace of it on iCloud whatsoever so I've had to resign myself to never finding it again.
urban.spaceman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:34 PM   #5
7thson
macrumors 6502

I'd say expect a minor spec bump, maybe. Variations on color, but nothing huge. If I were you, I'd keep an eye out for the refurbs. They should be showing up in the next month or so.
7thson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:26 PM   #6
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

If it doesn't get dropped it will likely get the A6 processor (while the iPhone gets the A7) and the cheaper $199 model will likely get the current generations internals. I remember the days when the iPod touch used to be faster than the iPhone (2008)
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 8.1)
TacticalDesire is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:56 AM   #7
urban.spaceman
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thson View Post
I'd say expect a minor spec bump, maybe. Variations on color, but nothing huge. If I were you, I'd keep an eye out for the refurbs. They should be showing up in the next month or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalDesire View Post
If it doesn't get dropped it will likely get the A6 processor (while the iPhone gets the A7) and the cheaper $199 model will likely get the current generations internals. I remember the days when the iPod touch used to be faster than the iPhone (2008)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
Based on past updates, the low end model will be updated to the newest design. The 32G and 64G will see very little change if any (colors, etc). If you want a 16G Touch that is the latest model, I might wait till fall (September / October). Otherwise, consider buying a replacement now.

Thanks for your responses everyone - just bought myself a replacement on eBay. Brand new & sealed 64GB for less than a 32GB! Not my preferred colour but at 242 it's a bloody bargain!
urban.spaceman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch