Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jun 16, 2013, 07:09 PM   #1
glennyboiwpg
macrumors 6502

Looking for MS experence

OK before I get started, I KNOW this really isn't a question for Mac rumors but I tried to post this on serverFault and the OPs killed my question before anyone could answer it. Apparently my problem isn't solvable... My experience with mac rumors is that most of you are very knowledgeable about many things and are really willing to help one another so I thought I would bring my question here.

Because this is an off topic question I purposely put it in the "Community Discussion" area.

Thank you

Short Version: Is there something like Opencart that is meant to run on SQL Server.

Long Version: I'm a new IT professional and i'm currently studying for my MCSA. Once i'm complete that I want to do a home project setting up a enterprise level network (within reason). I have the hardware that I would need (Thanks to Virutalization) and I have good ideas for setting up AD and Exchange, etc but I would like ideas on how I could setup an SQL Server environment. I will use the trial versions. If I run out of time on the 180 licence, I will just start over.

The Main part of my project is the AD/Exchange setup but would like to get my feet wet with installing and configuring SQL Server. I do have SQL Experence from a previous life but I don't want this part of my project to be too large.

For example: If I were to do this project with LINUX/Opensource tech I would setup OpenCart on Apache and MySQL.

So does anyone know if a opensource/free/trial of a product that I could install on SQL Server that would give me reason to install and configure SQL Server that might mimic a real live environment? (Within Reason?)

I don't care what the software would be meant to do, It could be a online store or a forum software....

If this product would run within IIS, all the better!

Thoughts?
glennyboiwpg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion