Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I can't sign into iMessages on my Mac. I just bought it off of Craigslist so I might just do a factory reset (is that a good idea?) on it. The message reads:
iMessage Password
Please enter your password for abc@icloud.com

I try to log in and it continues on a never ending cycle. Someone @ Apple support communities mentioned to change something in Keychain but I didn't see anything that would help there. Suggestions?

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
I can't sign into iMessages on my Mac. I just bought it off of Craigslist so I might just do a factory reset (is that a good idea?) on it. The message reads:
iMessage Password
Please enter your password for abc@icloud.com

I try to log in and it continues on a never ending cycle. Someone @ Apple support communities mentioned to change something in Keychain but I didn't see anything that would help there. Suggestions?

Just the fact that you bought it (used or not) from Craiglist, I would do a factory reset and install just to be 100% safe.

Then, I would try to login to Messages (iMessages) again. If it still doesn't work, try your Apple ID, which is how I log into my Messages.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Just the fact that you bought it (used or not) from Craiglist, I would do a factory reset and install just to be 100% safe.

Then, I would try to login to Messages (iMessages) again. If it still doesn't work, try your Apple ID, which is how I log into my Messages.

And how do I do a reset? Do I need a disc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.