Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RainbowShooter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Hi Guys,

I've got a a problem with my Mid-2011 MacBook Air (4,2) I keep getting notifications from Software Update that my machine requires an EFI Firmware update.

Every time I accept the install, the machine reboots and returns to the logon screen, I then get the Software Update notification once, I've logged in. Any ideas?! The machine is plugged in to power.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I had a problem yesterday with my MBPro indicating I needed a Boot ROM firmware update, but I was at the current firmware revision and the recommended update file would not install as it was not needed.

Performing a "Reset PRAM" fixed the problem for me.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Did you do the update with the MBA power cord plugged in. Or without it plugged in. Reason why I ask. Is one time I had enough power and did an update to my MBA and it kept asking me to download the update again and again. Even though it was updated. So I did it with the power cord plugged in and it worked and solved the issue.

RainbowShooter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Yeah it's plugged in everytime :( No like with the manual updater either, it says it needs to reboot to finish installation then just boots up as normal and says I need the damn update again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.