Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:21 AM   #1
lessismo
macrumors newbie

Set of jpg to ePub3 fixed layout

Hi all,

I have several sets of pictures in *.jpg format that I would like to batch convert to ePub3 fixed layout ebooks for use on iDevices with iBooks.

So far, the following solutions are not ideal IMO:

- Convert the set of pics to a pdf file: well it cannot be tagged via iTunes, actually metadata are not writen in the file, and so lost if you re-load the pdf files in iTunes.

- Convert the set of pics to ePub2 via Calibre: because this format does not handle fixed layout, pics are getting resized, wether I would like to retain original full resolution quality.

- Use iBooks Author: I understand I cannot make a standard ePub doc that way (but an Apple proprietary format).

Hope some of you guys can advise me ,
Thanx much !
lessismo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:04 AM   #2
talltrevor
macrumors newbie

Have you figured this out??

Hey pal,

I've been spending most of the day trying to figure this out (trying to create an epub wedding album) Looks like I need to write an xhtml file.

Did you find a program or method to achieve the full bleed across the centre margin without doing this? http://www.ehow.com/how_10002788_cre...ull-bleed.html

Thanks,

Trevor
talltrevor@gmail.com
talltrevor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:35 AM   #3
lessismo
macrumors newbie

Hi Trevor,

Sorry for so late answer, and sad one .

Nope, I still did not find a way to convert a bunch of pics to ePub3 fixed layout ebooks in simple way, ie. without the need to "manually" write an xhtml file.

Actually the format being quite mature now, I got some doubdts this will occur anytime soon.
Well, seems it does not rise enough interest.
lessismo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store