Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:08 AM   #1
Rocco83
macrumors regular

Media files going wonky from NAS

Ok so here is my big problem. I have OCD of the highest order and do my files a very specifically. I have all my iTunes media files on my Time Capsule. Up until this point I have been running my TVs off of my Mac Mini or iMac depending on which one happens to be on at the time.

Well doing this had absolutely no affect on my files. They stayed just how I originally set them up. This past weekend I picked up a new MacBook Air and wanted to set it up so I could watch a TV show or movie from time to time. When I set up my iTunes to point to my media folder on the TC it pulled all of the seasons out of their folders and placed them in just a specific show folder. It changed the name of all of my television show files. It changed the name of all my music files and pulled them out of their certain folders.

Anyone have any idea why it has not had any problems doing everything fine with the iMac and Mac Mini, but it goes absolutely wonky when I add my MacBook Air into the equation?

Thanks guys.
Rocco83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:51 AM   #2
nebo1ss
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco83 View Post
Ok so here is my big problem. I have OCD of the highest order and do my files a very specifically. I have all my iTunes media files on my Time Capsule. Up until this point I have been running my TVs off of my Mac Mini or iMac depending on which one happens to be on at the time.

Well doing this had absolutely no affect on my files. They stayed just how I originally set them up. This past weekend I picked up a new MacBook Air and wanted to set it up so I could watch a TV show or movie from time to time. When I set up my iTunes to point to my media folder on the TC it pulled all of the seasons out of their folders and placed them in just a specific show folder. It changed the name of all of my television show files. It changed the name of all my music files and pulled them out of their certain folders.

Anyone have any idea why it has not had any problems doing everything fine with the iMac and Mac Mini, but it goes absolutely wonky when I add my MacBook Air into the equation?

Thanks guys.
Check if you have "Keep Itunes Media organised" In Itunes under Preferences-Advanced on the new Computer.
nebo1ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Rocco83
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
Check if you have "Keep Itunes Media organised" In Itunes under Preferences-Advanced on the new Computer.
Thank you sir. Somewhat embarrassing I overlooked something so simple. That should fix it.
Rocco83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater