Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1
orvn
macrumors 6502

iMac Parts- where to purchase?

I have an iMac (24-inch, Early 2009) with a damaged display (the glass panel over-top is fine, it's the actual display underneath that's the problem).

Normally I'd buy parts from iFixit or eBay, but I can't seem to find the display for sale. Could anyone recommend a decent place?

I would do the installation myself, so the Apple store isn't an option (also from previous repair jobs I've noticed that they appear to have a fairly significant markup on parts).
orvn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:01 PM   #2
fastlanephil
macrumors 6502a

Try this place. I bought a iMac G5 logic board here for $100 last fall. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet but it came with a two year warranty. I have all the tools but it's a difficult repair.

If I chicken out I'll just take it to a shop.

PowerBook Medic
fastlanephil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:38 PM   #3
rkaufmann87
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvn View Post
I have an iMac (24-inch, Early 2009) with a damaged display (the glass panel over-top is fine, it's the actual display underneath that's the problem).

Normally I'd buy parts from iFixit or eBay, but I can't seem to find the display for sale. Could anyone recommend a decent place?

I would do the installation myself, so the Apple store isn't an option (also from previous repair jobs I've noticed that they appear to have a fairly significant markup on parts).
If you're a little daring and trying to save money try EBay sellers for parts. Also check with OWC (www.macsales.com), they may have some leads for you.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:40 PM   #4
DIMEZ
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to DIMEZ
applecomponents.com
DIMEZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac