Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:54 AM   #1
VulchR
macrumors 68000

One of the reasons I have a hard time trusting Google

It appears that Google might have intentionally overridden privacy settings in Apple's Safari we browser (see link). I have been wary of Goggle in the past because I do not like the idea of somebody tracking my every move online. However, people here made a convincing case that the information being harvested was relatively innocuous and that one could opt out. I was sufficiently convinced that I was actively looking at buying a Android tablet. Now I'm not so sure in light of the claims made by some about Google bypassing user privacy settings.

Anybody else know anything else about this?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:59 AM   #2
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

This is fairly old news I believe. You might check these stories for other thoughts on the issue. I think the story you've linked to is just that a lawsuit has been filed/moving forward.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/08/09/...mvention-case/

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/17/...o-track-users/

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Tags
google, lawsuit, privacy settings, safari