Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Ok so here are some pictures I found on gizmodo of the new blackberry z10, and have to say this thing looks so good. Giz is saying it is better looking than the iphone 5. I am not sure I agree 100% cause I have not held this phone, but man does this thing look good. Let me know what you think. I do believe these are just made up from what all the speculation of what is looks like.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359397022.824224.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359397041.654416.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359397053.171326.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359397065.255727.jpg

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
The new blackberry looks beautiful and I particularly like the fact that it doesn't have a home button. I'm not sure its *more* beautiful than the iPhone 5 but its definitely different and that will attract lots of interest. I think this phone might be a turnaround for RIM if they don't manage to screw it up.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I think Rim might just be able to stay in the game with OS 10 and their new line, but I am not a BB fan, so it will be interesting to see. It would be nice if Apple and Android have some better competition, I think Windows OS is sort of a failure, but now I hear HP is thinking of bringing Web OS back? Really HP? you on crack? you have been out of the game for so long, how can you even think you can come back.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
The important thing to note is that these aren't photos of the Z10, but renderings. They are what a graphic artist THINKS the Z10 will look like.

That said, these are very beautiful renderings.

But the proof will be when the actual hardware comes out. Then we'll get to see if the materials are sturdy, if the software lives up up expectations and is smooth and powerful, and whether app development and features people want aren't hindered by RIM's legendary "security."

Also, it would be kind of nice is WebOS came back. It was a dumb decision on HP's part to kill the platform. Unfortuantely, I have no confidence in HP making right decisions about it.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
The new blackberry looks beautiful and I particularly like the fact that it doesn't have a home button. I'm not sure its *more* beautiful than the iPhone 5 but its definitely different and that will attract lots of interest. I think this phone might be a turnaround for RIM if they don't manage to screw it up.

Yea I am not sure that it is better than the iphone 5, but it is something we have not seen before. I don't know I just think it is very sexy. Almost that same feeling I got when I say the iphone for the first time.

----------

The important thing to note is that these aren't photos of the Z10, but renderings. They are what a graphics artists THINKS the Z10 will look like.

That said, these are very beautiful renderings.

But the proof will be when the actual hardware comes out. Then we'll get to see if the materials are sturdy, if the software lives up up expectations and is smooth and powerful, and whether app development and features people want aren't hindered by RIM's legendary "security."

That is what I was trying to say when I said they were fake. They are renderings. From what I have heard these are very close. Like the renders of the iPhone 5.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
It looks like a nice piece of hardware. I wouldn't say it looks better than the iPhone 5, but it is certainly in the ballpark, and it looks nicer than most of the Android offerings out there. Like someone had mentioned before, it would be a shame if they went the cheaper route and made this thing out of plastic. With the right materials this looks like it could be a great piece of hardware.

My only suggestion would be to get rid of the "BlackBerry" text on the front and just use the simple logo. It'd look much cleaner that way. :)

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Those are concept renders. The only things I've seen that look as good as 3D renders are my iPhone and firearms. I bet the actual Z10 will look kinda chunky and fat. And it'll probably be made of plastic, not aluminum as represented in the renders.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
If this thing is made out of plastic then forget about it. Just put it down as another crappy BB!

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
If scaredpoet's screenshots are correct, then yes, it's a plastic BB.

Well then my post was for nothing. Another plastic piece of crap phone in the market. I do like my iphone and the one thing that is so great about it is there is really no phone made like it. It truly is the best made phone. I may not like the OS as much as android, but man the build of this thing just can't be beat. Well sorry for wasting everyone's time.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Jeez I don't understand why people get so worked up on plastic. They're made very durable and some plastic used have a very premium feel to it.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Jeez I don't understand why people get so worked up on plastic. They're made very durable and some plastic used have a very premium feel to it.

I can't speak for everyone here but I get worked up for the same reasons I'd never buy a new corvette Z0anything if I had the money but would buy the porsche instead. The same reason I pass up leatherette couches in favor for real leather. The same reason I choose to spend a bit more on a pair of quality dress shoes as oppose to much less on cheaper low grade ones. The same reason I prefer older homes over newer track homes in some treeless sub-division.

Its called personal preference......

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I can't speak for everyone here but I get worked up for the same reasons I'd never buy a new corvette Z0anything if I had the money but would buy the porsche instead. The same reason I pass up leatherette couches in favor for real leather. The same reason I choose to spend a bit more on a pair of quality dress shoes as oppose to much less on cheaper low grade ones. The same reason I prefer older homes over newer track homes in some treeless sub-division.

I could not agree more. I have owned some nexus devices and they just are not the same in terms of build. Apple has got that down. They do not cut corners on build.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011

I'm all for personal preference but to call it crappy and garbage is just so childish.

I personally prefer plastic because of different reasons but you won't see me say: Who wants phone made of crappy cheap metal?

powderblue17

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Here is the real device in black. Looks pretty close to the render.

Yes it is plastic but it seems to be high quality.

Attachments

• z10.jpg
    z10.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
I'm all for personal preference but to call it crappy and garbage is just so childish.

I personally prefer plastic because of different reasons but you won't see me say: Who wants phone made of crappy cheap metal?

I care about the physical look and feel of the phone for maybe several seconds. After that, what I really care is how the phone actually works for me as I make calls, surf, send/post messages, etc. It doesn't matter if the phone is made of plastic, metal, glass, wood, etc. as long as I can handle it comfortably.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
Beautiful device imo. But here in this forum most will say its ugly unless its apple branded. Same goes to crackberry.com users and apple branded phones. If this was the next iPhone we would see different responses.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
That black looks nice from the pictures. And no not all plastic phones are garbage I would never say something so ignorant.
I was always attracted to HTC phones back in the day and I still think the iphone 3g and 3gs are very nice plastic phones. Its all in the quality and build of whatever material that is used. Most all highend cars uses tons of plastic i.e. door cards, dash, center console etc. No its the grade of plastics and how its applied. Unfortunately most smart phone makers build their phone as if they know for an absolute certain it will be disposed of after a year maybe two...

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
I could not agree more. I have owned some nexus devices and they just are not the same in terms of build. Apple has got that down. They do not cut corners on build.

Serious!!! I had to exchange my wife's iPhone 5 on day one because of scuffgate. Or what about the bendable body if you accidentally sit on it? My wife is tied to a Otterbox case because if you look at it the wrong way it will get scratched.
The iPhone 5 has quality materials but it's not a durable device without a case.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
I care about the physical look and feel of the phone for maybe several seconds. After that, what I really care is how the phone actually works for me as I make calls, surf, send/post messages, etc. It doesn't matter if the phone is made of plastic, metal, glass, wood, etc. as long as I can handle it comfortably.

And that's what matters the most.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Serious!!! I had to exchange my wife's iPhone 5 on day one because of scuffgate. Or what about the bendable body if you accidentally sit on it? My wife is tied to a Otterbox case because if you look at it the wrong way it will get scratched.
The iPhone 5 has quality materials but it's not a durable device without a case.

Ok I think that every phone ever made does not fare well if sat on. That is why I never understood people putting phones in there back pocket. You can say what you want about the iPhone, but the build is one of the best if not the best. Please tell me a better phone build wise?

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

My Nexus has weird scuff marks all over the plastic body. I don't know where they came from or why they won't go away, but it's enough to convince me that plastic loses its aesthetic appeal after a few weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.