Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:58 PM   #76
Bahroo
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by princetanha View Post
I feel like everything is even faster on iPhone5 , there is an improvement with scrolling .. I noticed that they fixed the bug of fast scrolling , and the new music controls are cool ...
Its a cool thing overall but Come on Apple we need some serious stuff before iOS7 , I mean you all remember how amazing it was when they released 4.2.1 It took safari to a whole new level and I remember iPhone 4 killed all dual core phones of that time in benchmarks with this huge update ..
I dont really think we will see too much till iOS 7 but i do think that they will release iOS 7 before fall. iOS 6.2 might bring some good features aswell
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:01 PM   #77
Megamanfre
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
What exactly is this Dami voice? So far all I've seen for it online is references to it in apples release notes.
Megamanfre is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:05 PM   #78
Nermal
Moderator
 
Nermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Whakatane, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucastatic View Post
I'm pretty sure it's actually "tap anywhere outside the folder to close" Try that. I've been closing folders that way for ages, never even considered pinching them closed. I'd bet people closing them with a pinch are just tapping outside the folder with one of the fingers they're using to pinch.
Yeah, tapping works, but I have now confirmed that Osullivan1 is correct; pinch to close is new in iOS 6.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:07 PM   #79
johndallas999
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by II BISTRO II View Post
Mind blown..never noticed this before
Wow, hope hey didn't spend too much time on that pointless eyecandy feature.
johndallas999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:09 PM   #80
Darkhrse99
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamanfre View Post
What exactly is this Dami voice? So far all I've seen for it online is references to it in apples release notes.
I wish I knew also, I've looked everywhere on the phone and didn't see anything that changed Siri with that name. It probably just an update that has no change to Siri by the user...
Darkhrse99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:14 PM   #81
Megamanfre
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhrse99 View Post
I wish I knew also, I've looked everywhere on the phone and didn't see anything that changed Siri with that name. It probably just an update that has no change to Siri by the user...
Wonder if its the male UK English. Never used it before, and it's definitely more like Steven Hawkings robot voice.
Megamanfre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:57 PM   #82
Bahroo
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Anyone who has Geekbench on their iPhone 5...could you test Geekbench and see if the score improved ? Post a pic please
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:15 PM   #83
CrazyRussian540
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009


Why? Why would they do this? How is getting rid of the clock (or making it tiny) a good thing?
__________________
Owned:
iPod: 15gb 3rd gen 20gb 3rd gen 60gb 5th gen 8gb 5th gen Nano 30gb 5.5th gen (current)
iPhone: 16gb iPhone 16gb 3G (x3) 32gb Black 4S (x2)(current)
CrazyRussian540 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:18 PM   #84
batting1000
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRussian540 View Post
Image

Why? Why would they do this? How is getting rid of the clock (or making it tiny) a good thing?
Looks more clean and less cramped.
__________________
Verizon iPhone 6 (4.7") - iOS 8.1
iPad Air - iOS 8.1
Late 2012 i5 Mac mini
batting1000 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:18 PM   #85
FiremanMike
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Is anyone able to comment if the bluetooth issues with newer honda/acura handsfreelink vehicles have been addressed? Honda swears it's an iPhone issue, I really don't know what to believe..
FiremanMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:23 PM   #86
batting1000
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Anyone who has Geekbench on their iPhone 5...could you test Geekbench and see if the score improved ? Post a pic please
Did it twice to be sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359429763.983070.jpg
Views:	1510
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	393264
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359429772.066432.jpg
Views:	1507
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	393265
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359429781.266452.jpg
Views:	1513
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	393266
__________________
Verizon iPhone 6 (4.7") - iOS 8.1
iPad Air - iOS 8.1
Late 2012 i5 Mac mini
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:25 PM   #87
Bahroo
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1000 View Post
Hmm same score, i defitnetly feel under the hood performance improvements with 6.1 though
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:37 PM   #88
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020
 
gmanist1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRussian540 View Post
Image

Why? Why would they do this? How is getting rid of the clock (or making it tiny) a good thing?
First of all you had to double click to get that to pop up. Second, you could just double click for the clock to show up again. First world problems...
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:01 PM   #89
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanist1000 View Post
First of all you had to double click to get that to pop up. Second, you could just double click for the clock to show up again. First world problems...
Apple should've made the lockscreen music controls permanent whenever music is playing. Double-tapping the home button just to make it appear is so counter-intuitive...

Is the App Store and the Music app smoother and lag-free than 6.0.1? These 2 redesigned apps seem to be quite buggy in 6.0.1...
Beeplance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:05 PM   #90
aussiejames
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Lengthy download times in Sydney, Australia. My iPad estimated 2 hours. My iPhone estimated 1 hour, and currently at 41mins remaining. I suppose their servers may be getting hammered.
__________________
Host of tech podcast MacMen and TV/Film and Gaming podcast Lachlan & The Colonel
aussiejames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:07 PM   #91
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejames View Post
Lengthy download times in Sydney, Australia. My iPad estimated 2 hours. My iPhone estimated 1 hour, and currently at 41mins remaining. I suppose their servers may be getting hammered.
OTA update?

I downloaded through iTunes (the entire firmware) at 784.6MB for my 3GS. Took 77 mins since my broadband was 1.5mbps.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:09 PM   #92
aussiejames
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
OTA update?

I downloaded through iTunes (the entire firmware) at 784.6MB for my 3GS. Took 77 mins since my broadband was 1.5mbps.
Yeah I'm doing OTA - though still on my home WIFI which is 10Mbps. Files are only a little over 100MB I think.
__________________
Host of tech podcast MacMen and TV/Film and Gaming podcast Lachlan & The Colonel
aussiejames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:11 PM   #93
Carlanga
macrumors 603
 
Carlanga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRussian540 View Post
Image

Why? Why would they do this? How is getting rid of the clock (or making it tiny) a good thing?
At least when playing music you can now see artist, song & album where the hour was, the hour is shown small at the top like in the homescreen and now you can see the album artwork nicely balanced in the middle.
__________________
☻ "A dream you dream alone is only a dream...
... A dream you dream together is reality." ☻
Carlanga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:12 PM   #94
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejames View Post
Yeah I'm doing OTA - though still on my home WIFI which is 10Mbps. Files are only a little over 100MB I think.
Hope it completes quickly for you! I'm scared of OTA because of any potential problems, but I guess it's just me. x.1 updates I normally download through iTunes.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:19 PM   #95
Bahroo
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
Apple should've made the lockscreen music controls permanent whenever music is playing. Double-tapping the home button just to make it appear is so counter-intuitive...

Is the App Store and the Music app smoother and lag-free than 6.0.1? These 2 redesigned apps seem to be quite buggy in 6.0.1...
As a matter of fact yes the iTunes and the App Store is most certainly smoother on my i5 on iOS 6.1. I Actually noted this a few times in this thread already

I also noticed the Music App launches a little faster on iOS 6.1 then it did previously.
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:23 PM   #96
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
As a matter of fact yes the iTunes and the App Store is most certainly smoother on my i5 on iOS 6.1. I Actually noted this a few times in this thread already

I also noticed the Music App launches a little faster on iOS 6.1 then it did previously.
I see, thanks for the info! I'm currently considering updating my iPod Touch 4th gen, which is still on 5.1.1.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:33 PM   #97
Bahroo
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
I see, thanks for the info! I'm currently considering updating my iPod Touch 4th gen, which is still on 5.1.1.
You defitnetly should, Apples first .1 update in a major release always fixes kinks and some graphical bugs and inconsistencies. iOS 6.1 defitnetly improves my performance it will improve yours too. The faster Safari from going from 5.1.1 to 6.1 alone is a huge difference.
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:33 PM   #98
MrXiro
macrumors 68030
 
MrXiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Fixed stereo Bluetooth!

Fixed the stereo Bluetooth latency bug!!! Before some songs would take a few seconds to start and then a few seconds of the next sound would get clipped. Videos were out of sync with audio if you ffwd or rew on the scrubber or whatever it's called.

New "issue" though now seems that it takes a second or two for the actual audio to come through in vids and skipping tracks in audio has led to a few dropping of sound for up to 10 seconds.
__________________
Whole lotta , very little $.
MrXiro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:33 PM   #99
D.T.
macrumors 68030
 
D.T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vilano Beach, FL
I already posted this in the news thread about 6.1 ... but on my 4th gen iPad things are much perkier, especially the 4 finger task swipe. Seems like the gesture detection is much better, I can easily do it where before it's like it didn't' always register.

Otherwise it seems solid all around.

Er, I did have to upgrade XCode to 4.6 to publish to my 6.1 devices, but it's running better too
__________________
"I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks." ~Walter White
D.T. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:45 PM   #100
Bahroo
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
I already posted this in the news thread about 6.1 ... but on my 4th gen iPad things are much perkier, especially the 4 finger task swipe. Seems like the gesture detection is much better, I can easily do it where before it's like it didn't' always register.

Otherwise it seems solid all around.

Er, I did have to upgrade XCode to 4.6 to publish to my 6.1 devices, but it's running better too
What exactly did the new Xcode update do? Will or could it potentially affect future iOS apps for the better?
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Updates Keynote, Numbers and Pages for iOS with Bug Fixes MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 39 Mar 14, 2013 02:24 PM
Skype Updates iOS App With New Calling Experience and Bug Fixes MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 14 Mar 12, 2013 06:40 PM
Why aren't iOS updates/ fixes/ and big news stickied in the forums? cyks Site and Forum Feedback 2 Feb 20, 2013 07:49 AM
iPhone: iOS 6.1.1 - Fixes/Updates/Imrpovement Lists Pank9j iOS 6 5 Feb 13, 2013 06:16 PM
What updates / fixes are you hoping for in iOS 6.0.1? jlake02 iOS 6 72 Oct 22, 2012 09:29 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC