Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:15 AM   #126
Fuchal
macrumors 68000

New baseband / modem firmware actually stays connected to Sprint LTE and 3G. It's seriously much improved.
Fuchal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:19 AM   #127
big samm
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by abz1981 View Post
Is it me thats only noticing this. When you have auto brightness on, and you tap on the passbook app, the main welcome screen on passbook goes really bright, and then it goes and dims down a little the brightness when you go into the app for passbook link.?
Its always been like that, so that barcode scanner can scan without too much problem.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:25 AM   #128
Compile 'em all
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyoudvd View Post
I can't believe it took 3 months for that. That's the kind of update that 3 software engineers should be able to implement over a weekend.
Why are you assuming that these engineers are only working on this update in the last 3 months?

Also, iOS is used by MILLIONS of devices. The amount of time needed to test something like this is enormous.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:09 AM   #129
DMH3006
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
I didn't want to delete the account, running the risk not being able to sync anymore (what with google sync not working anymore for new accounts). Instead, I deactivated and reactivated my mail account in settings and that apparently did the trick...
Thats what i meant,just doing that usually solves any syncing problems.
DMH3006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:12 AM   #130
emjaycee18
macrumors regular

My wifi speeds on my iPhone 5 went from 18mbps down to 42mbps down. Now my iPhone has the same connection speed as my iPad and MBP. Couldn't be happier with this update.
emjaycee18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:24 AM   #131
monkey28rb
macrumors regular

iOS 6.1 is.... Well the same as 6.0... It should have been 6.03
monkey28rb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:25 AM   #132
lsutigerfan1976
macrumors 6502a

I am not going through all the pages. But notifications still don't give out sound for me. I have had the phone troubleshooted at the apple store before. They have even swapped the phone out for me. One of the last times i went back, they said that they were getting alot of walk in complaints about notifications either not coming in or not making sounds. They said the standard line about 6.1 will fix all of that. But nothing, i am hoping that once my phone is jailbroken, i can try to download some kind of ipush type program that may fix my notification problems.
lsutigerfan1976 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:28 AM   #133
exoceano
macrumors newbie

Cool Data use

will this update help with the midnight phantom data use issues ??

Anybody know ??
exoceano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:43 AM   #134
monkey28rb
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigerfan1976 View Post
I am not going through all the pages. But notifications still don't give out sound for me. I have had the phone troubleshooted at the apple store before. They have even swapped the phone out for me. One of the last times i went back, they said that they were getting alot of walk in complaints about notifications either not coming in or not making sounds. They said the standard line about 6.1 will fix all of that. But nothing, i am hoping that once my phone is jailbroken, i can try to download some kind of ipush type program that may fix my notification problems.
Restore and setup as new device.
monkey28rb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:48 AM   #135
D.T.
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compile 'em all View Post
Why are you assuming that these engineers are only working on this update in the last 3 months?

Also, iOS is used by MILLIONS of devices. The amount of time needed to test something like this is enormous.
Exactly. I love how an _operating_system_ update is casually dismissed as a weekend project
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:47 AM   #136
Jigga
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey28rb View Post
It seems like a huge hassle to go through setting everything up again.
Jigga is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:51 AM   #137
Gunny011
macrumors regular

Bug in IOS 6.1?

Has anybody found that when, for example, when listening to a youtube video in Safari, you go back to the home screen, switch to the multitasking music controls, you can no longer listen to the video while not in Safari?

Also, the same happens with the Jasmine YouTube app!

This happens on both iPhone and iPad

I tried this on my Dad's iPhone 4 running IOS 6.0.1 and I can still listen to the music from Safari while not in the app
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:59 AM   #138
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by abz1981 View Post
Is it me thats only noticing this. When you have auto brightness on, and you tap on the passbook app, the main welcome screen on passbook goes really bright, and then it goes and dims down a little the brightness when you go into the app for passbook link.?
Yeah i think it may have to do with a patent Apple owns. The brightness adjusts according to the image shown so obviously if you were using Passbook, brightness would go up so the scanners can scan your phone easier

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny011 View Post
Has anybody found that when, for example, when listening to a youtube video in Safari, you go back to the home screen, switch to the multitasking music controls, you can no longer listen to the video while not in Safari?

I tried this on my Dad's iPhone 4 running IOS 6.0.1 and I can still listen to the music from Safari while not in the app
Yeah they took away background Audio for Safari. google seems to want iOS to get rid of that . Google asked Jasmine to take that feature away so
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:01 AM   #139
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny011 View Post

You're right, Jasmine no longer works right; however MacTube still provides audio with the app running in background. Google has been trying to crack down on 3rd party youtube clients to prevent them from being able to play audio outside of the app. Jasmine went through this several months ago when it would automatically keep playing when you exited the app.

I'm sure they'll get to MacTube eventually...
Zerilos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:06 AM   #140
alexander25
Banned

Quote:
iOS 6.1 is.... Well the same as 6.0... It should have been 6.03
Why, so people can flood these forums with:

"where is 6.1???????"

You people need to remember.. You weren't promised anything other than 6.0. Stop bitching and complaining that you didn't get more features.
alexander25 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:18 AM   #141
MIKES3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostanddamned View Post
Who even is this "Dami"?
It's iMad backwards
MIKES3 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:05 AM   #142
lsutigerfan1976
macrumors 6502a

Cool

Quote:
I did that. It simply wasn't addressed by Apple in the 6.1 update. I get my notifications, i just can't hear them. No sound at all. And like i said before, everything is set correctly. I did a dfu restore etc. Stopped by my Apple store earlier, told them i had 6.1 on it. They were clueless. (They did say that this has been an ongoing issue with customers going there, complaining about the same thing as me) And a new phone hasn't worked, cause i tried that also. Like i said, it will probably be the jailbreak team that will end up fixing the no sound notification issue before Apple does.
lsutigerfan1976 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:30 AM   #143
vtstarck
macrumors regular

Was the Do Not Disturb bug fixed?
vtstarck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:53 AM   #144
Yptcn
macrumors 6502

Personal Hotspot

Since I upgraded to iOS 6.1 yesterday , I noticed that Personal Hotspot ( Partage de Connection) was now in the main Setting page . Any one else ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	393376
Yptcn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:57 AM   #145
Menge
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yptcn View Post
Since I upgraded to iOS 6.1 yesterday , I noticed that Personal Hotspot ( Partage de Connection) was now in the main Setting page . Any one else?
It's been there for a while now. (At least since 6.0 that I can verify)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:01 PM   #146
Yptcn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menge View Post
It's been there for a while now. (At least since 6.0 that I can verify)
I checked on my old iPhone 4S that doesn't have the update and it' s not there , It's only in Cellular network .

Well , I have upgrade the 4S and it doesn't show in Settings , only in cellular network , so I guess it's a i5 thing I had not noticed …..

Last edited by Yptcn; Jan 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
Yptcn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:17 PM   #147
lexvo
macrumors 6502a

Look slike Apple did also a few security updates in 6.1
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5642?v...S&locale=en_US
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:36 PM   #148
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
Apple should've made the lockscreen music controls permanent whenever music is playing. Double-tapping the home button just to make it appear is so counter-intuitive...

Is the App Store and the Music app smoother and lag-free than 6.0.1? These 2 redesigned apps seem to be quite buggy in 6.0.1...
What would the point of a lock screen be if you could accidentally change the music? The double click method is there as an unlock method.
gmanist1000 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:58 PM   #149
SAD*FACED*CLOWN
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Since I upgraded to iOS 6.1 yesterday , I noticed that Personal Hotspot ( Partage de Connection) was now in the main Setting page . Any one else ?

Attachment 393376
not in the US of A
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:04 PM   #150
8a22a
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Attachment 393376
Mine was like that before. I think it appears when you first use it.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfc View Post
Was looking at a bus timetable, tapped on 'Open with...' and this menu appeared!

Is this new or have I just not noticed it before?

Edit: Also just noticed that if I choose Adobe Reader, when I open another PDF in Safari, it defaults to 'Open in Adobe Reader' instead of iBooks.
It's not new to 6.1

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6