Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:56 PM   #76
daneoni
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Alec1 View Post
What other equipment? My ATV did that too because my TV is not HDCP-compliant. So did my TiVO and FiOS cable box when I watched movies. It's BS. I had to get a Cables Unlimited HDCP stripper from a bankrupt Chinese company for $50
My Xbox, PS3, and my SkyHD Box (HD DVR) work with my TV without batting an eye. But my AppleTV refused to play ball.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:56 PM   #77
enzo thecat
macrumors regular

So does this mean my 720p Apple TV 2 will play music from the cloud? I tried to get it to do that all weekend, finally figured out that it was not the newest Apple TV anymore and went and bought a Apple TV 3. But its still in the shrikwrap and I can return it.
enzo thecat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:57 PM   #78
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brows View Post
Im using the Logitech K760 solar with bluetooth easy switch ... paired up no problem works like a charm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
I noticed this article at 9to5Mac. So I assume so?
Awesome. Will have to charge my DiNovo mini and set that up. even though there is usually an iOS device around to use the Remote app from.

B
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:58 PM   #79
1Alec1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimUSCA View Post
Question... why would you need Netflix over AirPlay when it's built into the Apple TV itself?
If your friend wants to play his Netflix movies from his iPad onto your Apple TV.
1Alec1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:00 PM   #80
ifij775
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeT View Post
Amazon is a competitor in where Apple wants to go, durrrrrrrrrrrr.

If you use an TV, you'll find out exactly why it's actually a desirable product.
Why would Apple care about another video service, unless they are holding out on the whole App Store issue?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:00 PM   #81
JHankwitz
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to JHankwitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBoobsPro View Post
It would be better if they just put a freakin hardrive back in. Stupid move taking out.
Or allow a thumb drive to be attached for storrage use.
JHankwitz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:01 PM   #82
bjm2660
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Alec1 View Post
If your friend wants to play his Netflix movies from his iPad onto your Apple TV.
Friend will have to AirPlay from his computer. AppleTV owner already has to do this for HBO, Sowtime, Starz, Encore, etc.
bjm2660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:01 PM   #83
talk
macrumors newbie

I wonder if it means that I'll be able to use bluetooth headsets with the apple tv now.
talk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:01 PM   #84
Newjackboy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia820 View Post
about time they enabled keyboard use. i felt like pulling out my hair when i have to search for something and select letter by letter.
Plenty apps you can use on an iphone or ipad, which have keyboard functionality
Newjackboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:04 PM   #85
Irishman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouimetnick View Post
Is the 2nd generation Apple TV compatible with the Bluetooth Keyboard? I believe it has BT (iFixit) but Apple is known to lie and say the hardware just can't support it when it can.
I have an ATV2, an Apple Wireless Keyboard, and am installing the update now.

I'll let you know when I can test it.
Irishman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:05 PM   #86
someone28624
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
More Apple TV's on the way? I've always wondered how well they sell, especially in the UK. Everyone I seem to bump into has an iPhone (or Android these days), everyone in my industry has an Apple computer somewhere, but nobody has an Apple TV for personal reasons (work reasons yeah).
I'm in the US and love mine. I bought my parents one and they were like, "Meh," but now use it everyday. They don't really care so much that it's an Apple TV, though. They call it their Netflix machine. In my opinion, if you're willing to buy a $500 iPad or $300 iPhone, you'd be nuts not to get the $99 Apple TV. Once you get into it, it has so much functionality it's crazy, and it plays so well with iOS devices.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:05 PM   #87
childs12111
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to childs12111
Can't find Purchased Music???

All I have under the Music icon is the option to turn on iTunes Match. Does anyone have any idea (or screenshots) of where to find the Purchased Music?
childs12111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:08 PM   #88
Max E Verde
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Max E Verde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahg View Post
Nothing like that on my second generation ATV. I always wondered why they removed TV Show folders on the second gen one, it's so stupid that you have to scroll though every season instead of one item per show.
I believe this was added in a software update awhile ago. So maybe you're not up to date? My Apple TV is a 2nd gen too.

Unless you mean playlists for TV Shows and Movies from the cloud, in which case there are no playlists. This is just for movies and TV shows from computers.

Settings > Audio & Video > Show Playlists

Toggle it from "Music Only" to "All"

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by childs12111 View Post
All I have under the Music icon is the option to turn on iTunes Match. Does anyone have any idea (or screenshots) of where to find the Purchased Music?
Same, if you have iTunes Match there is no need though. I switched to my old account and was able to see what iTunes in the Cloud looked like.

So if your account has iTunes Match enabled, you will get the iTunes Match features, otherwise you will just get your purchased music.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:08 PM   #89
robershow
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeT View Post
Exactly. Why bother with the Netflix iOS app over AirPlay when the TV has a Netflix app built-in?
Off course you can. Netflix support airplay by using the airplay button on the multitasking drawer. It's a 2 screen experience!!

Last edited by maflynn; Jan 28, 2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: removed name calling
robershow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:08 PM   #90
Stuipdboy1000
macrumors 6502a

Netflix Super HD support on the 1080p Apple TV? It may already be automaticaly streaming in that format but it doesn't let you easily see what content is in that format.
Stuipdboy1000 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:09 PM   #91
sunseeker
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by x13gamer View Post
Do most people have more than one icloud account in their home? If everyone in your house has their own then what? How about some support for those who do. It goes back to the multiple apple ID issue that will not be fixed anytime soon.
Not sure what your problem is here.

I have 5 People - each with their own Mac, iPhone and Apple TV

Each Device has home sharing turned on using my iCloud credentials

5 of the Macs are authorised for all 5 accounts (this authorisation limit is the only problem since I actually have 4 Macs that I use plus a Mac used as a media centre in addition to those belonging to other family members)

Every Mac on the network can be seen and items copied from it in iTunes for OSX - provided they're switched on
Every iOS device can access it's own content in the cloud and onboard and send it to any Apple TV
Every iOS device can be used as a controller for the Apple TV
I happen to have a sixth Mac which I run as a media centre - always on and connected to about 4TB of content

So as long as a user comes home now and then they can have local access to, and therefore copy to their device, anything that might be available on any of those other accounts.
At no time do they need to log in using any other apple ID - works pretty seamlessly

Last edited by sunseeker; Jan 28, 2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: omitted info
sunseeker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:10 PM   #92
Irishman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone28624 View Post
I'm in the US and love mine. I bought my parents one and they were like, "Meh," but now use it everyday. They don't really care so much that it's an Apple TV, though. They call it their Netflix machine. In my opinion, if you're willing to buy a $500 iPad or $300 iPhone, you'd be nuts not to get the $99 Apple TV. Once you get into it, it has so much functionality it's crazy, and it plays so well with iOS devices.
There's a reason that Apple presents the AppleTV as an accessory to Macs. When you're spending $1,000, $2,000, or more on a computer, a hundred dollar streaming box is like an HDMI cable is to an HDTV.
Irishman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:11 PM   #93
someone28624
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosobao5150 View Post
No Amazon Prime Instant Video = Fail !!

C'mon Apple...make your product more desirable.
That's one of Apple's biggest competitors. It's never going to support Amazon Prime streaming, just like it's never going to support Google Play or Android mirroring.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:17 PM   #94
Zetaspawn
macrumors newbie

Do you think this will fix itunes match not showing any of the artwork?
Zetaspawn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:18 PM   #95
Irishman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
That's one of Apple's biggest competitors. It's never going to support Amazon Prime streaming, just like it's never going to support Google Play or Android mirroring.
+1. Plus, for those of us who value streaming PQ as much or more as convenience, the predominant quality of Amazon's offerings for Prime users is less than stellar (most are not even HD).

Last edited by Irishman; Jan 28, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
Irishman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:20 PM   #96
BigDukeSix
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I figure if Amazon Prime is available on my iPad/iPhone, there is no good reason not to have it on my ATV.
BigDukeSix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:22 PM   #97
Orlandoech
macrumors 68040

Ugh...

No Amazon VOD for us Prime Members yet?.... lame, Ill keep my Roku until Amazon VOD comes to the Apple TV. iPad and iPhone has the app... why not the TV?
Orlandoech is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:24 PM   #98
olowott
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to olowott
Keyboard working, Thank you

Please be nice and add NAS

i know u listen but dont answer

i Know u do
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:24 PM   #99
mrzippy
macrumors 6502

Just noticed Netflix says 'Super HD' and not just 'HD' when went to watch Californication. I read they were increasing their bitrate recently so this must indicate that.
mrzippy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:26 PM   #100
BulkHedd
macrumors 6502

Any word on whether this fixes the things that a recent update broke in Podcasts?
Like no longer being able to resume a podcast if you stop it and come back later?
Or the new episode badges only showing sometimes?
BulkHedd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion