Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:33 PM   #1
iParis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to iParis Send a message via MSN to iParis
Way to make songs in iTunes unavailable to Genius work?

Hopefully I didn't word the title too poorly. iTunes keeps saying some of my songs aren't available for genius playlists and I'm not too sure why. The songs I'm having issues with were imported via CD and some obtained elsewhere. I know they're available in the iTunes Store and my ID3 tags match the ones in iTunes. Some from the same artist, but obtained not from a CD, work fine even though the song isn't available on iTunes, oddly enough. I'm not sure if any of you reading this listen to these artist, but the ones I'm having problems with are Pierce The Veil, some The Word Alive songs, and some Upon This Dawning. I'm sure there's way more than that, but I'm not about to go through my 15,000 song library to figure out what exactly does and doesn't have genius. On my iPhone I get the "This song doesn't have enough related songs to create a Genius Playlist" message, but I know it's not that due to being positive there's related songs and I'm sure it's just the same issue with iTunes telling me genius is unavailable for it. Not being able to make genius playlist out of these songs isn't the worst thing in the world, but I'd like for the songs to show up in other playlist. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to edit the files in a specific way?

Any help at all would be much appreciated, thank you!
- MacBook C2D 2.4GHz / 8GB ram / 250GB HD / OS 10.10
iParis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store