Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:38 PM   #1
notchfiend

Network G4/G5

I'm having some trouble with my network. Maybe someone can please help.

I have a G5 tower and an iBook g4. I'm able to connect to the laptop from the G5 but can't connect from the g4 to the tower. I'm wired to the router on the tower and use an Airport Extreme card on the g4. Yes, sharing is turned on (both machines). As you know the firewall on both these Macs is automatically set to pass once sharing is turned on. At least on Leopard. I tried starting the laptop over and over again to see if it worked. It didn't. I tried restarting the tower. Nothing.

It worked about a year ago. But then I had to move and this is the first time I've set it up in the new place. Strange that I connect to the laptop but not from it. An option to connect to the tower from the laptop isn't even showing even tho I clicked "Connected servers" in Finder's Preferences

Need more info? Just ask and I'll do my best to supply it.

Oh both machines use Leopard in case I didn't make that clear.
notchfiend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:25 PM   #2
666sheep
macrumors 68040

Try typing G5's IP address manually in K (Connect to Server) window. If it would connect, add it to Favorite servers. Are both using DHCP or manual addresses?
666sheep is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Tags
g4 ibook, g5 tower, network, ppc