Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1
davedpss
macrumors newbie

iCal to Apple Caldav Connection Keeps Requiring Password

I am having a problem with a couple of users (out of 20+) having to resubmit their password to our Caldav server over and over again. Everybody else seems to stay logged in from one visit to the next.

Here is the setup. We have Apple's Server (version 10.7.4) running on a MacMini server (i7 with 4GB RAM). It is our Open Directory server as well as fileserver, wiki server and calendar server.

There are 20+ macs connecting to it and each calendar has delegated read access to their calendar to each of the other calendar accounts. There are also several iPhone and Android phones (using caldav beta GREAT SOFTWARE if you need to connect your Android phone to an Apple caldav server) connecting to it. The macs run everything from 10.5 to 10.8 - most are on 10.6.8.

I have checked their keychains and deleted and recreated their keychain entry as well as setting the self signed certificate to always be trusted. Their iCal accounts are set up correctly (or at least like everyone elses), yet they still may have to enter their password several times a day. It is intermittent. They may go a day or two without having to enter but that is rare. One is on 10.8.2 and the other is now on 10.7.5 (recently upgraded from 10.6.8 to see if that would fix the problem). I have others on 10.7.5 that do not have this problem.

If anybody has any suggestions on what I could try, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks.
Dave.
davedpss is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
caldav, connect, ical, password, server