Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:58 PM   #1
godette
macrumors member

How to email document directly from application

Hi there everyone. Is there a way to email a document directly from the application? I use Word for Mac and in the drop down File menu there is an option to email the document directly as an attachment. But when I click on it, the screen sort of fades to grey a little as though it's trying to do the task, but nothing happens. I find that I have to close the document then drag it into Mail, but that wastes so much time.

In Windows, you just had to do that and the document would attach itself automatically as a new message. Is this because I use Mac's native Mail app and don't have Entourage installed? Will this only work with Entourage because I'm actually running a Word program?

I'm running OS X 10.8.2

Thanks for your help
godette is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:02 PM   #2
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by godette View Post
Hi there everyone. Is there a way to email a document directly from the application? I use Word for Mac and in the drop down File menu there is an option to email the document directly as an attachment. But when I click on it, the screen sort of fades to grey a little as though it's trying to do the task, but nothing happens. I find that I have to close the document then drag it into Mail, but that wastes so much time.

In Windows, you just had to do that and the document would attach itself automatically as a new message. Is this because I use Mac's native Mail app and don't have Entourage installed? Will this only work with Entourage because I'm actually running a Word program?

I'm running OS X 10.8.2

Thanks for your help
Not sure this is going to help you. I am using Office Mac 2011 Version 14.2.5 on my iMacs. I only use the native Mail.app. As you can see in my screen shots, which I tried several times, it works just fine with the Mail.app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 9.48.22 PM.png
Views:	6
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	393303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 9.53.41 PM.png
Views:	6
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	393304  
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help