Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godette

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Hi there everyone. Is there a way to email a document directly from the application? I use Word for Mac and in the drop down File menu there is an option to email the document directly as an attachment. But when I click on it, the screen sort of fades to grey a little as though it's trying to do the task, but nothing happens. I find that I have to close the document then drag it into Mail, but that wastes so much time.

In Windows, you just had to do that and the document would attach itself automatically as a new message. Is this because I use Mac's native Mail app and don't have Entourage installed? Will this only work with Entourage because I'm actually running a Word program?

I'm running OS X 10.8.2

Thanks for your help

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Hi there everyone. Is there a way to email a document directly from the application? I use Word for Mac and in the drop down File menu there is an option to email the document directly as an attachment. But when I click on it, the screen sort of fades to grey a little as though it's trying to do the task, but nothing happens. I find that I have to close the document then drag it into Mail, but that wastes so much time.

In Windows, you just had to do that and the document would attach itself automatically as a new message. Is this because I use Mac's native Mail app and don't have Entourage installed? Will this only work with Entourage because I'm actually running a Word program?

I'm running OS X 10.8.2

Thanks for your help

Not sure this is going to help you. I am using Office Mac 2011 Version 14.2.5 on my iMacs. I only use the native Mail.app. As you can see in my screen shots, which I tried several times, it works just fine with the Mail.app.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 9.48.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 9.48.22 PM.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 9.53.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 9.53.41 PM.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 54
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.