Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:46 PM   #1
Dmaynard83
macrumors 6502

Rugged Cases: Atlas, Armor & Obex

The Atlas looks nice, but seems like its not very convenient to pop in headphones judging by the assembly video. Also I noticed oil slick marks on the Atlas. At the CES show it seems like she wasn't very willing to show the ports or the people that got to interview her were just really bad at getting an informative interview on the accessibility portion of the case. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Bm3zPaLdg

The OBEX seems straight forward. Flush screen protector. For the minimalist. One thing is they do need a white design which I think they are working with. Seems impressive as all the ports seem easy to access. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gq6ZVNqyLE

The armor case look like all the ports are easy to access, nice design, in different colors. Only thing is that it will probably be the largest case of the 3 - but probably the most protected. Not sure how flimsy those flaps are and if they are easy to open. Another plus is that it seems easy to pop in and out. Only concern is if they pop open in the water.

Last edited by Dmaynard83; Jan 28, 2013 at 11:53 PM.
Dmaynard83 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Dmaynard83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimonPumba View Post
The Atlas is by far the best in my opinion. It comes with a glass screen protector built into the case. Im using this and if something similar were to be built into the case that would be awesome. I could use the phone completely naked just by sliding it out of the case. The glass screen protectors now cant be reapplied
I think so too. Think I heard it was going to be released this month sometime.
Dmaynard83 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:49 PM   #3
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
Well, while it might not be particularly "military grade", but did you take a look at the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer? It does a pretty good job protecting the phone in everyday situations.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories