Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:55 AM   #1
euroclyde
macrumors newbie

copy 85 Gb file from network drive to USB drive

hi. i'm trying to copy about 85 Gb of music broken into hundreds of different sub-folders (various artists) from a hard drive configured as a network drive (it's plugged into my router) to a hard drive plugged into my laptop (macbook). i've also tried to transfer the files directly to my macbook's hard drive. either way the same thing happens: i select the folder i want to copy, drag it into the destination folder, and wait. hours go by and then the copy is complete...except it's not. for some reason the process only copies about 30 Gb. the folders not copied are fully accessible to the mac when i click on them individually, so it doesn't seem like these folders are skipped because they're not visible. anyone have any ideas?

thanks. david
euroclyde is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help