Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Mar 5, 2013, 09:06 AM   #1
Travis299
macrumors newbie

iPod-4 replace/restore help please

My granddaughter's IPOD-4s have cracked screens and I have ordered replacements thru Apple. I need help with transferring all the data from the damaged IPOD to the new one and remember I am an old dummy. I would really appreciate if someone could provide me the steps necessary and/or point me in the right direction. Thanks for all of your time and consideration.
Travis299 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
My granddaughter's IPOD-4s have cracked screens and I have ordered replacements thru Apple. I need help with transferring all the data from the damaged IPOD to the new one and remember I am an old dummy. I would really appreciate if someone could provide me the steps necessary and/or point me in the right direction. Thanks for all of your time and consideration.
Plug it into your computer and turn on iTunes. Right click your iPod under devices and click back up and Transfer purchases.

If there are any videos or music that isn't bought via iTunes you'll need another program to export those off. Someone else will have to chime in on that cause I've never done it.

When you get your new one, plug it in and you can just restore it from whatever your current ipod is named.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch