Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:00 AM   #1
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Updated to iOS 6.1 and got screwed

So I updated to iOS 6.1 OTA yesterday afternoon with no issues, or so I thought.

After the update I started playing Infinity Blade II and saw that I lost about 5 months worth of progress. I had reverted from rebirth 44 to rebirth 3. Very frustrating. What do I do now?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
So I updated to iOS 6.1 OTA yesterday afternoon with no issues, or so I thought.

After the update I started playing Infinity Blade II and saw that I lost about 5 months worth of progress. I had reverted from rebirth 44 to rebirth 3. Very frustrating. What do I do now?
Did you restore or update?
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:30 AM   #3
slu
macrumors 65816

Do you have a recent backup either locally or in iCloud? You could restore from that and see if your progress is saved.

Or you could tell yourself that it is just a video game and either enjoy the journey getting back to where you were or find a new game to play.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:34 AM   #4
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by slu View Post
Or you could tell yourself that it is just a video game and either enjoy the journey getting back to where you were or find a new game to play.
This is an unsatisfactory answer.

How do I see if I have a recent update? Where specifically do I look to check on this?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
This is an unsatisfactory answer.

How do I see if I have a recent update? Where specifically do I look to check on this?
If you update, you should lose no progress/data. If you restored, you could have lost data. You can try restoring from your latest backup, as that should contain your game save.
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Kashsystems
macrumors 6502

After you did the update did you do a restore? Did you do a backup before the update? When was your last backup made?
Kashsystems is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:55 AM   #7
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashsystems View Post
After you did the update did you do a restore? Did you do a backup before the update? When was your last backup made?
Last backup was probably Friday.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:24 AM   #8
MIKES3
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Oh shiznit, please dont say this....
MIKES3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Oui
Banned

Infinity blade II was unaffected by the updated in my case.
Oui is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:49 AM   #10
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKES3 View Post
Oh shiznit, please dont say this....
I'm super serial.
pooleman is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:17 AM   #11
armandxp
macrumors regular

Quote:
I'm super serial.
Ahhh....Just play it again. Not the end of the world....
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:23 AM   #12
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandxp View Post
Ahhh....Just play it again. Not the end of the world....
I didn't say it was the end of the world. I said I got screwed. Getting screwed isn't the end of the world. I just wish I hadn't gotten screwed..... not that way at least.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:30 AM   #13
MIKES3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I didn't say it was the end of the world. I said I got screwed. Getting screwed isn't the end of the world. I just wish I hadn't gotten screwed..... not that way at least.
I agree, I'm addicted to this game. I'm at level 23 and got the game on Sunday. My wife is now complaining
MIKES3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:40 AM   #14
armandxp
macrumors regular

Quote:
Sorry by the tone of your post, I assumed it might be the end of your world as you know it............just restore your phone to a previous backup, and the stars will align in your favor again!

End of sarcasm.
armandxp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:22 PM   #15
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Unless my data is effed up on the iCloud server or the infinity blade server.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:29 PM   #16
Usehername
macrumors member

That's great.
Usehername is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:46 PM   #17
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Just reinstalled Infinty Blade II from a back up and...........I still lost all my progress. Yeaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:54 PM   #18
viperGTS
macrumors 6502a

Did you back up on your PC too? You could restore from a backup there if you have one.
viperGTS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:59 AM   #19
Namra
macrumors newbie

Actually as far as I know all the game progress depends on ur apple id... Make sure u sign in with ur apple Id in the Game Center with which u used to before.. It shud b alright den
Namra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:36 AM   #20
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namra View Post
Actually as far as I know all the game progress depends on ur apple id... Make sure u sign in with ur apple Id in the Game Center with which u used to before.. It shud b alright den
Well it's not alright. GameCenter ID is correct. And the reinstall didn't install the game with no progress, it installed the game with only a little progress but it is still using my account.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:52 AM   #21
Kashsystems
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Well it's not alright. GameCenter ID is correct. And the reinstall didn't install the game with no progress, it installed the game with only a little progress but it is still using my account.
Have you tried logging out of game center and logging back in? Maybe it will update the progress?
Kashsystems is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:04 AM   #22
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashsystems View Post
Have you tried logging out of game center and logging back in? Maybe it will update the progress?
I'll try it but at this point I'm not optimistic
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:17 PM   #23
MIKES3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I'll try it but at this point I'm not optimistic
I wanted to follow up on your IB2 situation? Is all good now? I had a similar problem when I was messing around in iexplorer. I lost all my saved data.

I was steaming from the ears, so I canceled my icloud account from my iPad and then I set it up again. Once I did that all was fine and I was happy to be back at level 52
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:22 PM   #24
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKES3 View Post
I wanted to follow up on your IB2 situation? Is all good now? I had a similar problem when I was messing around in iexplorer. I lost all my saved data.

I was steaming from the ears, so I canceled my icloud account from my iPad and then I set it up again. Once I did that all was fine and I was happy to be back at level 52
All was not fine. I decided to just continue on and rebuild my character.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:33 PM   #25
MIKES3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
All was not fine. I decided to just continue on and rebuild my character.
That bites man. Do you have icloud set up? I would try that.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6