Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Duuster
macrumors newbie

New SSD put in, now it's stuck on loading installation information

Hi!

Just upgraded my macbook white unibody late 2009 with 8gb ram and ssd. Then I tried to boot up into the lion usb, created a GUID partition (Mac os x extended journaled of course), went to install the operating system and i'm now stuck.

After clicking continue, the first option when installing lion, it says something about authenticating blabla, then it's stuck on loading installation information, though the progress "circle" is still moving. I looked it up and one solved it by changing security options to zero out or something, but my security button is dark grey and i can't click it, i can only click erase.

Any suggestions? I tried putting back the old ram, but still same problem? Or do i need to do something else? Please come with your inputs.

And is there any way to see your system information at the recovery boot to see if it recognized all the ram or something?

Duuster
Duuster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Duuster
macrumors newbie

Judging by the google results my situation is hopeless. I'll try installing snow leopard first instead, although i wanted a fresh install of lion. I will come back with results as soon as it's done

----------

Going down to eat now, but it seems that the installation is progressing for snow leopard. You think i will get same message when trying to upgrade to lion from snow leopard?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Duuster
macrumors newbie

snow leopard installed, waiting for software updates, then i'm going to install lion and put the 8 gb ram back in. *Fingers crossed
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Duuster
macrumors newbie

SOLVED
For people having the same problem, you'll have to go back to your roots, install snow leopard, upgrade to lion via app store, and it should work just fine. Will get update about the 8 gb for the late 2009 macbook as soon as i get it installed.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:42 PM   #5
Duuster
macrumors newbie

One last input, so now got lion installed, on my Crucial M4, on my macbook white unibody late 2009, along with 8 gb of ram and it works great. After getting the OS installed i had no problems whatsoever. Strongly recommend it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook