Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jul 4, 2014, 09:12 PM   #1
sonicrobby
macrumors 65816

Transfer App saved data to Steam Cloud? [Bioshock]

My brother bought bioshock infinity from the mac store, and he used his iCloud info in my mac so I could get it to. I feel I'm pretty far into the game, but I bought the steam version during the summer sales. I prefer to have my saved data in the steam cloud to be able to sync to any computer I may install the game onto.

Long story short, is there any way to take the progress (saved data) from the bioshock infinite app, and save it to the steam directory where I can pick up from the steam version where I left off in the Mac version? Or do I just have to start all over from the Steam version?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 08:56 AM   #2
AspyrSupport
macrumors newbie

RE: Transfer App saved data to Steam Cloud? [Bioshock]

The savedata folders can be transferred between:

Steam: User/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/STEAM ID NUMBER/8870/remote

App Store: User/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.bioshock3.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Bioshock Infinite/XGame

OSX 10.7-10.9 now hides this directory, so please press cmd+shift+G to bring up a search window in Finder and type in '~/library' to access this directory.
AspyrSupport is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games