Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:41 PM   #1
LMD75
macrumors 6502

Good quality matte clear skin

Can anyone recommend a good quality matte rear clear skin /protector for a iPad Mini (Cellular)?

Interested in a quality product such as Power Support, SGP, Media Devil (Not something like Zagg)

Also do they all have the cutout for the nano-sim tray?

Thanks.
LMD75 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:48 PM   #2
jedolley
macrumors 68000

If you are looking for matte clear REAR skins, then you are going to find a static or adhesive application like SGP or PS (at least none that I am aware of). The ones I am familiar with are all wet apply, but higher quality than Zagg. Phantomskinz and Ghost Armor both carry matte versions and both companies are considered much better in quality than Zagg.
jedolley is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Dgail
macrumors member

Clear protection series

Mallory (try looking up as this site for some reason is censoring the name) has a lot of different skins including a carbon look alike, an antimicrobial line and a clear matte series. They are all dry application and you can "mold" the corners with a hair dryer. I purchased the back skin for the clear protection series, it is quite thin, but does not hide the color of the aluminum back of my mini and is compatible with a number of smart covers and should fit any other type of cover that requires a tight fit. I had a lot of bubbles in it, but they eventually disappeared after a couple of weeks.

If you purchase a matte or solid color skin, they have Apple shaped decals and will give you up to 2 free. I did not need to use them as the skin I bought is totally clear. Hope this helps.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories