[iPad] Ipad 5th gen theory? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:37 PM   #1
LazyPandaMan
macrumors newbie

Ipad 5th gen theory?

This is taken from my yahoo answer question. I didn't get any answers so I joined up here

A lot of tech reviewers are speculating that a new iPad (5th gen) will come out this fall.however no one has brought into the fact that new consoles are rumoured to be released this fall too. Maybe apple is delaying a new iPad until Sony and Microsoft announce their new consoles. Since the iPad is one of the most wanted (if not the most) Christmas present of this generation kids/teens are going to have to decide whether they want a new iPad or Xbox/ps4.this would take sales away from Sony and Microsoft therefore making apple more money through the App Store.yeah first thread
LazyPandaMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Killyouridols
macrumors newbie

Surely getting your product to market first would be more of an advantage? That way any built up hype is likely to ensure the ipad is top of many kids Xmas list early before the console releases, making plenty of mid year sales. As a parent my kids presents are the first I buy, especially if a shortage is a possibility.

Releasing when many top end products are available would surely dent profits?

KYI
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:12 PM   #3
hovscorpion12
macrumors 6502

Apple does not care about the PS4 or the Xbox 720 because it is not in that particular market. If Apple was to produce a game console, then yes, 100%. Apple pays attention (I hope) to Samsung (Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note II & III), Microsoft (Surface & Windows Phone 8), Blackberry (Z10, Z11). The iPad 5 would be in direct competition with the Samsung Galaxy tab 10, 8..etc and the Microsoft Surface). Don't expect Halo 5, GTA 5, Dead Space 3...ect to be shown on an iPad.
hovscorpion12 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad