Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LazyPandaMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
This is taken from my yahoo answer question. I didn't get any answers so I joined up here :)

A lot of tech reviewers are speculating that a new iPad (5th gen) will come out this fall.however no one has brought into the fact that new consoles are rumoured to be released this fall too. Maybe apple is delaying a new iPad until Sony and Microsoft announce their new consoles. Since the iPad is one of the most wanted (if not the most) Christmas present of this generation kids/teens are going to have to decide whether they want a new iPad or Xbox/ps4.this would take sales away from Sony and Microsoft therefore making apple more money through the App Store.yeah first thread :cool:

Killyouridols

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Essex, UK
Surely getting your product to market first would be more of an advantage? That way any built up hype is likely to ensure the ipad is top of many kids Xmas list early before the console releases, making plenty of mid year sales. As a parent my kids presents are the first I buy, especially if a shortage is a possibility.

Releasing when many top end products are available would surely dent profits?

KYI

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Apple does not care about the PS4 or the Xbox 720 because it is not in that particular market. If Apple was to produce a game console, then yes, 100%. Apple pays attention (I hope) to Samsung (Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note II & III), Microsoft (Surface & Windows Phone 8), Blackberry (Z10, Z11). The iPad 5 would be in direct competition with the Samsung Galaxy tab 10, 8..etc and the Microsoft Surface). Don't expect Halo 5, GTA 5, Dead Space 3...ect to be shown on an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.