Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:05 AM   #76
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrain View Post
Oh, actually, I can have it both ways. She ruthlessly researches her materials. She actually posts her information online before her show. She then does her show, but if she is proven wrong later, then she actually goes on the air and explains that she was wrong and why.

That's called integrity.

(edit) Wait a second, did you really just post a link proving my point? Thanks.
(edit2) Yes, that's why I have won more cases than I lost. I expected anyone who disagreed with me to point out the times she was wrong and had to admit it as "proof" she's not always right. What you seem to have ignored is that I never claimed she was always right, but that she researches her material, and when she has been wrong admitted it.

In other words, your argument is just that she has more integrity than anyone in the right-wing echo chamber.

(edit3) Well done, you made my argument better than I could have made it. Thanks.

You said she was right. Then you said if she's wrong, she corrects it. Which is it?

I never said she didn't have integrity. She probably has more than most other news anchors.
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:17 AM   #77
mcrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
You said she was right. Then you said if she's wrong, she corrects it. Which is it?

I never said she didn't have integrity. She probably has more than most other news anchors.
So, I said she does a better job researching her stuff, and most of the time she's right, not smug. But, on the rare occassions she is wrong, she corrects her mistakes.

What's your problem with that?
mcrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:37 AM   #78
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
No! Fox News is protecting the rights of the little people.
"OK" (said in a dismissive manner.)

Quote:
There is no equivalency between FOX and MSNBC. Yes, both are partisan but MSNBC doesn't deny it and hide behind some slogan. They also employ several conservative on air personalities and have no qualms criticizing the Democrats or Obama. FOX, on the other hand, is nothing more than the mouthpiece for the Republican Party.
MSNBC has a liberal bent, but they basically tell the truth. FOX makes up **** on a regular basis. They are out and out fabricators of NeoCon oriented propaganda. Here is one of my favorites, when they did not like reporters who reported about FOX, they changed their images to make them look strange.

Last edited by Huntn; Feb 1, 2013 at 09:43 AM.
Huntn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:41 AM   #79
mcrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
"OK" (said in a dismissive manner.)
"Ok" (said in a smug manner.)

(edit) (oops, are you responding to the original post? If so, ignore the 'Ok.' It is possible that the post you quoted may have a little sarcasm mixed in.)
mcrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:46 AM   #80
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
"Ok" (said in a smug manner.)

(edit) (oops, are you responding to the original post? If so, ignore the 'Ok.' It is possible that the post you quoted may have a little sarcasm mixed in.)
My statement only counts if your "Fox looks after the little people" statement was said without a wink, lol.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:36 AM   #81
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:

MSNBC has a liberal bent, but they basically tell the truth. FOX makes up **** on a regular basis. They are out and out fabricators of NeoCon oriented propaganda. Here is one of my favorites, when they did not like reporters who reported about FOX, they changed their images to make them look strange.
It wouldn't greatly surprise me if they altered them, but somehow I doubt they were aired just as you show them. It's likely that these were altered further. The tall forehead thing is a little too obvious, and it looks stretched.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:42 AM   #82
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekev View Post
It wouldn't greatly surprise me if they altered them, but somehow I doubt they were aired just as you show them. It's likely that these were altered further. The tall forehead thing is a little too obvious, and it looks stretched.
Link

Quote:
On Wednesday morning's edition of Fox and Friends, the Fox News channel aired altered photos of two New York Times reporters to retaliate against a Times Saturday edition piece which pointed out some "ominous trends" in the show's ratings.

Co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade showed the photos which portrayed Jacques Steinberg with yellow teeth, a wider chin, and big ears, and Times television editor Steven Reddicliffe with the same yellow smile and a receding hairline. The caricatures seem to be done with Adobe Photoshop (tm) tools.
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:57 AM   #83
niuniu
Banned

Quote:
That's ****ed up. Seriously.
niuniu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:20 PM   #84
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Ugh... I thought whatever art director approved that. I mean it seems ridiculously obvious. I guess in 2008, they may not have broadcast at 1080p. I'm not sure if they do now, but I found this while searching for an answer. I can't stop laughing.

Edit: okay done laughing

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues