Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:41 PM   #1
MikeyK18
macrumors newbie

iTunes Match issues.

Hey all,

I have recently purchased iTunes Match for the simple purpose of needing a service in which I could have the same playlists on my iPhone, iPod and iPad and be able to update my playlists over all devices.

However, once I tried to update a playlist it didn't update across the others and then the playlists disappeared and despite trying to disable and enable iTunes Match my playlists do not show up. But they show up all ok on my computer.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue as its driving me mad and am quite annoyed that I've payed fora service which just doesn't work.
MikeyK18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:58 AM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Are they Smart Playlists? If so, those aren't supported with iTunes Match. If they aren't, do any of them show up on your iOS devices?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 09:07 AM   #3
MikeyK18
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Are they Smart Playlists? If so, those aren't supported with iTunes Match. If they aren't, do any of them show up on your iOS devices?
No they are just normal playlists in iTunes. One of them shows up but it is empty. The other one doesn't appear at all.
MikeyK18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:01 PM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

I've never ran across any issues with playlists yet, but I'd try updating iTunes Match from the Store menu first. If that doesn't work, I'd probably try turning Match off in iTunes, removing all playlists, turning it back on and then try creating a playlist.

I wish I had more suggestions for you.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:14 AM   #5
r-sky
macrumors member

I've had Match for almost a year now and my playlists do come across all my devices (phone, iPad, laptop). However if I recall correctly, the first time I set it up, it took awhile for the playlists to appear in other devices. Given a few days, they all showed up and then everything is good.

Since you said you recently purchased Match, you may want to sit back a few days to see if it all syncs up as expected. For me it did, but I remember my initial frustration with the delay, thinking this was a key feature for me as well and it didn't work.
r-sky is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services