Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Inframan
macrumors member

Is There A Simple Program or App that Resets or Changes My IP Address Frequently?

Hi Guys, I need a very simple program or App that can reset and change my IP address easily and frequently. I started up a small business from home and Im creating several email addresses for my new employees on yahoo and yahoo will only allow a few email address's to be created from a single IP Address. I don't mind paying for a good working program or App that can do this.

Thanks !!
Jon
Inframan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:35 PM   #2
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inframan View Post
Hi Guys, I need a very simple program or App that can reset and change my IP address easily and frequently. I started up a small business from home and Im creating several email addresses for my new employees on yahoo and yahoo will only allow a few email address's to be created from a single IP Address. I don't mind paying for a good working program or App that can do this.

Thanks !!
Jon
No, you will have to reset your modem/router.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:46 PM   #3
desertman
macrumors 6502

You could try "Tor Browser Bundle": http://macupdate.com/app/mac/17679/tor-browser-bundle. There is no guarantee that this works because it could, of course, be that someone else was using the same (Tor-provided) IP address for the same purpose just before you.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:48 PM   #4
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inframan View Post

Thanks !!
Jon
Your ISP assigns you an IP address; you cannot change it yourself or with an app. All you could do is unplug the modem for a while and plug it back in and if your IP is assigned dynamically, you might get a different one.

What you can do is get a business account with your provider and purchase a small block of IP's to use.
SandboxGeneral is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:54 PM   #5
lucasgladding
macrumors 6502

You could also just get your employees to set up their email accounts from home. That's easier than trying to work around the IP address limitation.
lucasgladding is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:01 PM   #6
glenthompson
macrumors Demi-God

Instead of using Yahoo for your business e-mail why not use your own domain name? Looks a lot more professional and the cost is minimal. I'm always leery of businesses that use Yahoo, Hotmail, gmail, or aol addresses. If it's a tech company, I'm definitely avoiding them.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:15 PM   #7
flynz4
macrumors 68040

You can subscribe to a VPN service. I use Witopia. I never connect to any public hotspot (hotel etc) without using a VPN.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:36 AM   #8
joeycool
macrumors member

Is There A Simple Program or App that Resets or Changes My IP Address Frequently?

In my opinion yes there is I have trialed and tested allot out there well most of them.

HMA (hidemyass) is at the top of the list http://ipaddresshq.com/hidemyass-sof...t-anonymously/ its a VPN (Virtual Private Network) software that runs on your PC or Mac a platform that offers the ability to hide your IP Address. You can select from what location you would like your IP address to show. You can even select a time frame so for example change mi IP address every min and it will do that.

Awesome software I use it all the time, hope that helps http://ipaddresshq.com/how-do-i-hide-my-ip-address/
joeycool is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store