Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:22 AM   #26
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
I completely agree with the OP on the feel of the original iPhone. It was truly a privilege to own an iPhone in 2007-2008. The original and even the 3G/3GS felt best. I'd be totally fine if they came back with that design, even in 3.5".
Totally agree. Although I would prefer they keep the 4" screen.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 AT&T 32 GB JB'ed unlimited data, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:26 AM   #27
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
Totally agree. Although I would prefer they keep the 4" screen.
The only things I miss when I use my 2G are capacity and 3G speed, everything else on the device is perfect.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:31 AM   #28
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
The only things I miss when I use my 2G are capacity and 3G speed, everything else on the device is perfect.
The screen is sub-par. let's not pretend it's not. And the headphone jack is pretty crazy. Other than that it's great.

I do think that after extended use I would get pretty tired of the comparatively super slow processor. It's cute and nostalgic just using it here and there but if I had to go all day with that speed I'd go nuts.

I would really like my iPhone 5 stuffed into the old enclosure. I wish a company would sell a kit so you can put your iphone 5 into a similar original iPhone enclosure.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 AT&T 32 GB JB'ed unlimited data, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:35 AM   #29
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
The screen is sub-par. let's not pretend it's not. And the headphone jack is pretty crazy. Other than that it's great.

I do think that after extended use I would get pretty tired of the comparatively super slow processor. It's cute and nostalgic just using it here and there but if I had to go all day with that speed I'd go nuts.

I would really like my iPhone 5 stuffed into the old enclosure. I wish a company would sell a kit so you can put your iphone 5 into a similar original iPhone enclosure.
?? It's all relative, yes, the screen is "subpar" compared to the iPhone 5 screen, just like the graphics of a Gamecube game are "subpar" to those of the Wii U. Does that make it less usable in any way? Not in my book.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:36 AM   #30
johndallas999
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
The good news is that the SIM card removal tool makes a wonderful fingernail cleaner.

BJ
LOL, funny! That is one grubby lookin hand!
johndallas999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:40 AM   #31
Chris092881
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Why is it when I told the OP his fingernails were nasty the post was immediately yanked? But someone suggesting he use a SIM removal tool to clean his nasty, dirty, disgusting nails is fine?
Chris092881 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC