iOS 6.1 Tidbits: Music Controls on Lock Screen, Maps 'Report a Problem' Button, Diagonal Swiping Bug - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:17 PM   #26
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

No mention of the bluetooth latency issue? Video and audio would go out of sync when watching videos that had breaks. Audio would clip the first 2 seconds and/or start late. Also would not match with the time code (not that it matters but just proves there was latency in the audio).

It's been fixed FYI. Couldn't be happier!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:24 PM   #27
Fenir
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Fenir
I really wish they would move the trash icon in the mail to the right or left. It is directly right on top of the home button and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally (without knowing) deleted an email to the trash when all I wanted to do was go home.
Fenir is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:56 PM   #28
HornetMontana
macrumors newbie

Uh oh

Someone else please confirm if the following function was removed with this update (for I am experiencing this): if you play a video in Safari, click the Home button (closing Safari), click the Sleep button, double click the Home button to get to the Lock screen and hit play, the audio will no longer play. Instead, Safari must remain open and not be closed prior to hitting the Sleep button.

This is unfortunate, as it is quite useful to play the audio from Safari from the Lock screen, unlock, and open a different browser while Safari continues to play.
HornetMontana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:22 PM   #29
bacaramac
macrumors 65816

I don't see how the Diagonal swiping was even a true issue. I can't find any reason to actually swipe that fast. All the swiping games work flawlessly.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:33 PM   #30
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetMontana View Post
Someone else please confirm if the following function was removed with this update (for I am experiencing this): if you play a video in Safari, click the Home button (closing Safari), click the Sleep button, double click the Home button to get to the Lock screen and hit play, the audio will no longer play. Instead, Safari must remain open and not be closed prior to hitting the Sleep button.

This is unfortunate, as it is quite useful to play the audio from Safari from the Lock screen, unlock, and open a different browser while Safari continues to play.
Yes I honestly think it was Googles request...they took out Background Audio in Safari. You also used to be able to do it in the Jasmine app(youtube app) but it said that at Googles request for them to take off background audio.

Im not exactly sure why they took that feature out it was a fantastic feature i would always listen to Youtube videos and turn my screen off.

Oh well

----------

Scrolling feels more springier and bouncier I feel like, espcially in Safari I noticed this.
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:37 PM   #31
markdj
macrumors newbie

Bluetooth music issue fixed

This seems to have fixed the Bluetooth music issue where the iPhone would stop broadcasting music to my Beats wireless headphones but still look like it was. Now it works great! No loss of broadcast!
markdj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:46 PM   #32
C DM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Yes I honestly think it was Googles request...they took out Background Audio in Safari. You also used to be able to do it in the Jasmine app(youtube app) but it said that at Googles request for them to take off background audio.

Im not exactly sure why they took that feature out it was a fantastic feature i would always listen to Youtube videos and turn my screen off.

Oh well
So would this apply only to YouTube then? Or would playing audio from any site now no longer be allowed while Safari in the background. If it's any site, why does Google get to influence that just because they want something for oen of their properties?
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:04 PM   #33
bacaramac
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdj View Post
This seems to have fixed the Bluetooth music issue where the iPhone would stop broadcasting music to my Beats wireless headphones but still look like it was. Now it works great! No loss of broadcast!
My car bluetooth would do this with the iPhone 5 every so often. Hopefully it resolved it as well.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:21 PM   #34
applesith
macrumors 68000

Having the track buttons closer to the corners is nice. Very welcomed!
applesith is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:23 PM   #35
ssspinball
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenir View Post
I really wish they would move the trash icon in the mail to the right or left. It is directly right on top of the home button and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally (without knowing) deleted an email to the trash when all I wanted to do was go home.
Go into Settings > Mail & Calendars and turn on Ask Before Deleting.
ssspinball is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:33 PM   #36
SuperSnake2012
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
I'm also able to control my music from my iPhone when it's connected via usb in my car. It used to say accessory connected and I either had to use the car controls or select my music then plug it in. I love this!
Confirmed on my 4S. Back on iOS 5, I had actually jailbroken my phone just to be able to control the music app while it was plugged into USB. I don't know why this feature wasn't advertised, because this is huge for me.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:36 PM   #37
WilliamG
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by distemp View Post
Diagonal swiping is the same for me...not that it was ever an issue.
Definitely fixed for my iPhone 5. I was able to get my screen to stop responding on rapid swipes easily prior to 6.1. Not anymore since updating.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:05 PM   #38
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
So would this apply only to YouTube then? Or would playing audio from any site now no longer be allowed while Safari in the background. If it's any site, why does Google get to influence that just because they want something for oen of their properties?

Well they asked the Jasmine developers to take off background audio from their app. Im not sure why its gone in Safari though
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:14 PM   #39
milo
macrumors 603

Subtle improvement but a nice one. Now if they'd just add star ratings there as well. And heck, move the star ratings for music anywhere that isn't buried so much and requires so many clicks to find - it's almost like someone decided there's something "bad" about them and wanted to discourage people from using them.

Also, I assume they never added lyrics display back on iPad (and is it gone on iPhone now too)?
milo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:14 PM   #40
Fenir
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Fenir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssspinball View Post
Go into Settings > Mail & Calendars and turn on Ask Before Deleting.
Thanks for the workaround.
Fenir is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:00 PM   #41
Zimmer62943
macrumors member

as one of the few users who still use MAPS, i find it rather silly that they change the report a problem button because pretty much since the launch of maps, i have been reporting the same issues in my town, locations kilometers away from where they actually are, places that shut down years ago etc. i have reported them tons of times and still no change.
Apple TV 2, iPad 2 White 64gb WiFi
Zimmer62943 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:46 PM   #42
ski4ever
macrumors newbie

Another feature that no one has pointed out is that in Passbook, Apple has added a card containing the link to Passbook-supported apps in the App Store. The list doesn't have every app, but it has most of them. Pretty convenient.
ski4ever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:17 PM   #43
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Yes! So glad this was fixed

Quote:
I'm also able to control my music from my iPhone when it's connected via usb in my car. It used to say accessory connected and I either had to use the car controls or select my music then plug it in. I love this!
dukebound85 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:20 PM   #44
zorinlynx
macrumors 68020

The accelerometer controlled glint on the music player controls is just plain silly. They're wasting CPU cycles (which translates to battery life) on something useless!
zorinlynx is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:22 PM   #45
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Apple should just hire like 1000 reliable people to go all around the U.S in their own cars and confirm and approve and fix any Maps problems around the U.S... i think they would get tons of work done real fast lmfao

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
The accelerometer controlled glint on the music player controls is just plain silly. They're wasting CPU cycles (which translates to battery life) on something useless!
lol you got to be kidding me...
Bahroo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:22 PM   #46
Nermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski4ever View Post
Another feature that no one has pointed out is that in Passbook, Apple has added a card containing the link to Passbook-supported apps in the App Store. The list doesn't have every app, but it has most of them. Pretty convenient.
It's been pointed out
Nermal is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:19 PM   #47
Strigoi
macrumors member

new shiny button

And the reflection of the new volume control button in the lockscreen changes when you slightly tilt your phone
Strigoi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:08 PM   #48
hushypushy
macrumors member

The new lock screen controls are actually a semi-big deal for me. I don't have fat fingers (honest!) but I've found myself changing the volume or skipping tracks so many times when I just wanted to pause. The new buttons look better too
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:58 PM   #49
mattymo
macrumors newbie

not just in iOS 6.1 but just in 6.x in general, I don't like that they changed the skip buttons from |<< and >>| to << and >> without the | to me, they are just search fast forward and search rewind and not "skip forward" and "skip back"

am I the only one that is bothered by this?
mattymo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:04 PM   #50
RRmalvado
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I am with you... I love this "unannounced" feature. I am also able to play my iTunes Match music instead of jsut the music that was downloaded to the iPhone5.
RRmalvado is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion