Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1
mdehoogh
macrumors member

jailbreaking sticky

With the imminent release from the evad3rs team, a sticky guide in the jailbreak section could be very useful.

There are a handful of users that have a tremendous amount of patience and continue to reply to the same questions hour after hour. People who are unfamiliar with jailbreaking don't take the time to read through the various threads (or even the first post). Instead, it seems like people read through the first few thread titles on page 1, and just post their question at the end of a thread.

I understand there are countless jailbreaking guides across the interwebs but since a forum like this is often a much easier place to get trusted and accurate information. A sticky thread is a very good idea in my opinion.

Just a basic FAQ or overview of the process and explanation of terms for unfamiliar people. There are a lot of existing threads (with active authors who can continue to update) that could just be stickied which would help a lot.
mdehoogh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:21 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdehoogh View Post
With the imminent release from the evad3rs team, a sticky guide in the jailbreak section could be very useful.
Unfortunately, most people don't read stickies or even notice that they exist. There are numerous sticky threads in several forums, but that doesn't stop the number of repetitive threads being posted.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:55 PM   #3
balamw

MOD NOTE: What GGJStudios says is generally the case, however we do sometimes make exceptions in cases where things are moving fast, and having a sticky might help preserve order. This might be one of those situations.

B
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:01 PM   #4
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamw View Post
MOD NOTE:
Forgot to bold that one.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:24 PM   #5
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKeeks View Post
Forgot to bold that one.
Dammit Jim, I'm a moderator not a modbot.

B

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback