Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Fugabutacus
macrumors member

Is there a way to buy content on iTunes that's "too large?"

Since iCloud's so seamless with everything, it's easy to rely on it and Apple have made it really easy to use an iPad as your primary computer.

So say you've got a 16GB iPad and a 32GB iPhone as your ONLY computing devices. Everything can be redownloaded or streamed, so the lack of storage space isn't an issue.

Now say you're wanting to buy something large - a TV collection amounting to 100GB, example. In theory, that's fine, because you can buy it, then download and delete episodes as you want to watch them.

The problem is, the iPad won't allow you to buy anything that won't actually fit on the device, even when that's not what you're trying to do.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:07 PM   #2
ManicMarc
macrumors regular

I want to know the answer to this too! I have. 16GB iPhone and want to buy a whole season of a TV show, I only have about 2GB free but would happily download an episode at a time.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:28 PM   #3
blackbear219
macrumors member

Other than buying the episodes individually, which ends up costing more, I don't think so.
blackbear219 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad