Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfm77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
NJ
I have been putting off upgrading iLife '09 and adding iWork because of the possibility of new versions coming out this year. I have no idea if that will happen, and I'm considering going through with the upgrade anyway. That said, if Apple updates both suites through the Mac App Store, would the updates be free for those that have the latest versions of the programs? Or would they pull an Office and make people buy the brand new versions separately? I just don't want to spend the $$ on the updates, only to have to buy new ones a couple of months later.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have been putting off upgrading iLife '09 and adding iWork because of the possibility of new versions coming out this year. I have no idea if that will happen, and I'm considering going through with the upgrade anyway. That said, if Apple updates both suites through the Mac App Store, would the updates be free for those that have the latest versions of the programs? Or would they pull an Office and make people buy the brand new versions separately? I just don't want to spend the $$ on the updates, only to have to buy new ones a couple of months later.

In the past, they have made you buy the new version. Part of the problem with the App Store is there (at least now) is not really any way to handle "upgrade" pricing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.