Banned

the unluckiest person ever has to be Mr Bean btw
turtlez is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:46 PM   #27
crows
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac25 View Post
Jessica has a valid point... it's just a computer for crying out loud! Yes, I feel the OP's frustration and I would be upset if that happened to me... but the unluckiest person ever? Oh please... try living in poverty with no food, water, and shelter in a third world country...then I might believe you
oh cmon obviously the thread is about edry's luck with his computer not in any other aspect, actually the forum is about computers. The title of the thread is an exaggeration on purpose to state the level of frustration he's having after paying a lot of money for a faulty product.

And about poverty and all the other stuff there is always a way out, but sadly most of those people lack the desire to get out, they just don't know that it can be better.
crows is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:50 PM   #28
MJL
Banned

One does not know the age of the original poster and or how long he has saved up for his new computer. For some the amount of money may not represent a lot so they can shrug their shoulders, for others it comes at a considerable cost (like this kid in China that sold his kidney for an iPad).

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by crows View Post
....And about poverty and all the other stuff there is always a way out, but sadly most of those people lack the desire to get out, they just don't know that it can be better.
Having lived in Asia for many years I can categorically state that not always there is a way out.
MJL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:52 PM   #29
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

Thank you guys for understanding and support. I can't believe we have to explain things when it's so obvious

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlez View Post
the unluckiest person ever has to be Mr Bean btw
Lol. Agreed
edry.hilario is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:33 AM   #30
dazed
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKeeks View Post
Not really. All of the following are from before 2008:
iPod Nano- screen cracks/scratches
TiBook- paint coming off
iMac G5/White Intel- Bad caps
iMac G5/White Intel- host of GPU/screen issues
iMac G5- cooling system issues
PowerBook G4- second RAM slot failing
Power Mac G5- Liquid cooling system leaks
MacBook Pro- 8600m gt (GPU) solder failing
iBook G3 Dual USB- GPU solder failing
Then how come so many people take offence when someone has a issue with an Apple product? Its like you have personally run over their cat

If a product doesnt meet your expectations then return it, especially if its defective. Doesnt matter if its made by Apple or any other company, if its crap, then its crap.
dazed is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:49 AM   #31
oililymad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
People need to quit the, "omg imagine being without food and water."

You can say that to ANYONE, at any point, about ANYTHING! I'm sure I'm guilty of saying such things, but let's be honest - this is a MAC FORUM. Where people talk about, praise, AND complain about MACS!

So give edry a break. It sucks that he's not got a 100% working system, but he will. Mark my words he will!
agreed, and ffs he paid out thousands.
its always easy to make a dig at someone when the situation is not yours to deal with.

Good luck Edry.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:55 AM   #32
turtlez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oililymad View Post
agreed, and ffs he paid out thousands.
its always easy to make a dig at someone when the situation is not yours to deal with.

Good luck Edry.
summed it up perfectly! I always put myself in the shoes of others before commenting.
turtlez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:05 AM   #33
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlez View Post
yeah Jessica is the most unluckiest person ever because she is an ***** apparently :P hehe[COLOR="#808080"]

----------
Depends on your outlook. I feel incredibly lucky to be such an *****!
GoCubsGo is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:45 AM   #34
forty2j
macrumors 68030

At this point they should just be giving you a voucher for a free 2013 model..
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:14 AM   #35
HenryDJP
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed View Post
Then how come so many people take offence when someone has a issue with an Apple product? Its like you have personally run over their cat

If a product doesnt meet your expectations then return it, especially if its defective. Doesnt matter if its made by Apple or any other company, if its crap, then its crap.
I think you're missing the point the other poster was making. I've been on Mac since Mac OS 8 and every issue that guy mentioned (and there's more that he missed) was spot on. I think the reason that people get annoyed at people complaining to a point that it's sounds very cry babyish (I'm not referring to the OP BTW ) is because these people act like 1) It's the first time it's been done that Apple has given out faulty products. 2) They expect Apple's products to be without issues bar none because it's an "Apple product", and that's expecting too much. 3) They act like Apple's the only company that gives out faulty products. 4) They perceive the amount of money that they spend on Apple products to be the amount someone would spend on a custom hand-built product, and while Apple products are expensive, so are Sony and Bose but neither of these companies are remotely in the ballpark of charging the price of what a custom hand-built product would be.

Truth is, Apple makes great products but they have a history of issues like any other company. And while a consumer certainly deserves to have a well built and well running Apple product (for the most part people do here in fact), small things CAN happen. Problem I see with many people here is that rather than using the product normally they go out of their way using microscopes and special tools online to sleuth for issues that would never been noticed if they just used the product normally. Then they come to the forum saying their Mac is defective (in a slight drama queen rage) and they exchanged it 4-6 times already.

Some things (especially if you have to go out of your way to look for them) have to be accepted since these are mass produced consumer products. If that's not possible then WE HAVE CHOICES PEOPLE.. Apple is not the only game in town.

Last edited by HenryDJP; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:13 AM   #36
dazed
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
I think you're missing the point the other poster was making. I've been on Mac since Mac OS 8 and every issue that guy mentioned (and there's more that he missed) was spot on. I think the reason that people get annoyed at people complaining to a point that it's sounds very cry babyish (I'm not referring to the OP BTW ) is because these people act like 1) It's the first time it's been done that Apple has given out faulty products. 2) They expect Apple's products to be without issues bar none because it's an "Apple product", and that's expecting too much. 3) They act like Apple's the only company that gives out faulty products. 4) They perceive the amount of money that they spend on Apple products to be the amount someone would spend on a custom hand-built product, and while Apple products are expensive, so are Sony and Bose but neither of these companies are remotely in the ballpark of charging the price of what a custom hand-built product would be.

Truth is, Apple makes great products but they have a history of issues like any other company. And while a consumer certainly deserves to have a well built and well running Apple product (for the most part people do here in fact), small things CAN happen. Problem I see with many people here is that rather than using the product normally they go out of their way using microscopes and special tools online to sleuth for issues that would never been noticed if they just used the product normally. Then they come to the forum saying their Mac is defective (in a slight drama queen rage) and they exchanged it 4-6 times already.

Some things (especially if you have to go out of your way to look for them) have to be accepted since these are mass produced consumer products. If that's not possible then WE HAVE CHOICES PEOPLE.. Apple is not the only game in town.
I havent read too many threads like that but point taken. But there are also a number of people on here who can't accept that Apple products have issues. They take offence to it and blame the person for being over sensitive.

There are people on both sides who need a dose of reality and maybe need to reevaluate what's really important in life.
dazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:24 PM   #37
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

I'm currently at the apple store this really sketchy because its taking them longer than normal to bring the machine out. Lets see
edry.hilario is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:42 PM   #38
crows
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edry.hilario View Post
I'm currently at the apple store this really sketchy because its taking them longer than normal to bring the machine out. Lets see
man check every inch of that thing, and please report back i'm interested to know how your situation turns out, because as you know i'm in a similar situation myself.

In my case as of now I have no news on the repair being done to my iMac but will post the results.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:00 PM   #39
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

Ok I'm back home I checked the machine in the store (right now im installing everything back) let me just start by saying that everyone thought I was crazy at the store , I brought with me a blanket to put the machine under to see for any backlight issues. I ran some some quick tests like the grid pattern and yellow tinting, cosmetic imperfections, and fan, etc; everyone was like "WTF are you doing?" And I have to say the machine is...SO FAR ... Yes so far, the machine is great. I haven't noticed anything bad besides the screen being slightly warmer towards the bottom I say my previous one was a little better however you can not notice this unless you really looking for it, no bad bleeding just normal ips tech type of lighting, the fan seems very good wich proves that the there was definitely something wrong with my past fans, in fact this one seems a lot quieter. So, long story short this iMac is a keeper is not 100% perfect but so far I can finally say I'm happy with it. I really hope this is end of it for me it's been a really stressful time and I don't want to deal with this. On a positive note they forgot to take the wireless keyboard and mouse out of the box so I scored a new mouse and wireless keyboard now I have two sets, don't know what I'm gonna do with the old pair but I'm sure this is a good thing out of the crappy situation.

Now to all others that are having issues with their machines I say this: IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR MACHINE MAKE SURE TO RETURN IT TO GET A GOOD ONE EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH 50 iMacs. Yes you paid your hard earned money for these machines do not settle I repeat DO NOT settle until you get one your happy with or in other words, you get what you paid for. It's apples own fault for sending us crappy machines no one else's. so if apple wants us to stop returning these machines well they better start making sure that the iMacs they are sending out are perfect. I wish everyone good luck and I hope none has to go through the same crap.
Lastly I want to say thanks everyone for reading my rants and frustrations. I extremely appreciate your support some of you guys make people feel better at bad times. Thank you all!
edry.hilario is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:24 PM   #40
tom vilsack
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I haven't noticed anything bad besides the screen being slightly warmer towards the bottom I say my previous one was a little better however you can not notice this unless you really looking for it
Oh no...sorry to say but... warmer screen towards the bottom may cause major issues going forward! I read that these Imacs are having Major cpu/gpu issues ...something about the screen with this issue is a sign of a failing capacitors.

http://Imac failing capacitors.com

just joking...thought i would get your ocd going a bit :-)...glad it all worked out for you....ps: i would have brought blanket also...
tom vilsack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:56 PM   #41
crows
macrumors member

Seriously who cares if they thought you were crazy, probably one day they will know why you did it and learn something or die ignorant who cares. I'm glad you finally got a good iMac and I would think it was worth your troubles.

btw just to tell you, while I was at the local store dealing with the yellowing problem the tech pulled out a thunder bolt display to rule out that my gpu wasn't causing the yellowing towards the bottom and to my surprise the TB display was like you describe very slightly warmer towards the bottom but would go away if you looked at the display from a very straight angle, BUT the tech did say that the display wasn't perfect so he did notice the issue with that TB display.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:25 PM   #42
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
. . . . . And about poverty and all the other stuff there is always a way out, but sadly most of those people lack the desire to get out, they just don't know that it can be better.
Wow . . .

. . . just wow.

I truly hope (for your naive sake) you're never so unfortunate as to find out just how ignorant are your words.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:37 PM   #43
strauss884
macrumors member

Quote:
Seriously who cares if they thought you were crazy, probably one day they will know why you did it and learn something or die ignorant who cares. I'm glad you finally got a good iMac and I would think it was worth your troubles.

btw just to tell you, while I was at the local store dealing with the yellowing problem the tech pulled out a thunder bolt display to rule out that my gpu wasn't causing the yellowing towards the bottom and to my surprise the TB display was like you describe very slightly warmer towards the bottom but would go away if you looked at the display from a very straight angle, BUT the tech did say that the display wasn't perfect so he did notice the issue with that TB display.
I'm taking mine in later tonight for yellowing issue, what was your end result? I haven't decided if it bothers me enough to wait for a new one. It's there but it's not really bad. I would definitely wait if I could hold onto this one while the new one comes.
strauss884 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:37 PM   #44
crows
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanW View Post
Wow . . .

. . . just wow.

I truly hope (for your naive sake) you're never so unfortunate as to find out just how ignorant are your words.
yep, just go ahead and try it around where you live, offer help to some of these homeless people most of them don't want help, they just want some money to get back to their drug habits. It's debatable but you must admit that if someone truly wants something their is something they can do to get it, it might not be right or easy, even seem impossible at times but doing nothing and just accepting you are poor and have no way out is not the answer. Take some Cubans for example getting on a home built rafts and even swimming almost 1/4 the way from Cuba to Florida just to have a chance at a better life.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:23 PM   #45
StevethePirate
Banned

Quote:
Now to all others that are having issues with their machines I say this: IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR MACHINE MAKE SURE TO RETURN IT TO GET A GOOD ONE EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH 50 iMacs. Yes you paid your hard earned money for these machines do not settle I repeat DO NOT settle until you get one your happy with or in other words, you get what you paid for. It's apples own fault for sending us crappy machines no one else's. so if apple wants us to stop returning these machines well they better start making sure that the iMacs they are sending out are perfect. I wish everyone good luck and I hope none has to go through the same crap.
Lastly I want to say thanks everyone for reading my rants and frustrations. I extremely appreciate your support some of you guys make people feel better at bad times. Thank you all!
If I were Apple, I would have let you return your iMac after the 5th one (if you went through with this ridiculous sense of entitlement that made you think it's okay to go through 50 iMacs) and told you to take your business elsewhere.

That being said, "unluckiest person ever"? Mutumbo here would beg to differ.
StevethePirate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:54 PM   #46
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
yep, just go ahead and try it around where you live, offer help to some of these homeless people most of them don't want help, they just want some money to get back to their drug habits. It's debatable but you must admit that if someone truly wants something their is something they can do to get it, it might not be right or easy, even seem impossible at times but doing nothing and just accepting you are poor and have no way out is not the answer. Take some Cubans for example getting on a home built rafts and even swimming almost 1/4 the way from Cuba to Florida just to have a chance at a better life.
My friend tried giving a homeless guy a coat. He snapped at him and told him to stick up to his you no where. With that said they mostly want money so they can buy drugs. At least it seems to me that way
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:04 PM   #47
iSayuSay
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKeeks View Post
Not really. All of the following are from before 2008:
iPod Nano- screen cracks/scratches
TiBook- paint coming off
iMac G5/White Intel- Bad caps
iMac G5/White Intel- host of GPU/screen issues
iMac G5- cooling system issues
PowerBook G4- second RAM slot failing
Power Mac G5- Liquid cooling system leaks
MacBook Pro- 8600m gt (GPU) solder failing
iBook G3 Dual USB- GPU solder failing
Well then maybe all Apple products are having typical defects
iSayuSay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:25 PM   #48
luminouslight
macrumors regular

That sucks mate. Though my hard drive in my brand new 27" BTO imac just pooped out on me. It somehow literally died on me, it's the 1 terabyte fusion drive. I took it to the apple store and while the flash drive was fine the hard drive was undetectable and I haven't even had this machine for two weeks. I am so disappointed and angry right now, after waiting three weeks for this computer and I need a replacement.

The Apple Store give me a case number and now I have to call 1-800-myapple since i purchased it online. I am so tempted to just say screw it to Apple and get a refund and build my own PC.

So I feel your pain.
luminouslight is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:31 PM   #49
tech4all
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac25 View Post
Jessica has a valid point... it's just a computer for crying out loud! Yes, I feel the OP's frustration and I would be upset if that happened to me... but the unluckiest person ever? Oh please... try living in poverty with no food, water, and shelter in a third world country...then I might believe you
Pretty sure you know what the OP meant...

Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:08 PM   #50
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

never mind this post. LOL i think im since ive had some many problems any little thing that seems fishy its kinda wierding me out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-31 at 10.07.45 PM.png
Views:	51
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	393866  

Last edited by edry.hilario; Jan 31, 2013 at 09:16 PM.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac