Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wariq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Hello guys, i have a huge problem that i've yet to figure out and i'm hoping that maybe with a little help from you guys, i'll get to the finish point.

I have a macbook (running lion) thats hooked up wirelessly through an Airport Extreme and cannot get it for the life of me to see the PS3 (which is also Wireless). The Airport is connected to a FiOS router.

The thing here is that it used to work flawlessly before, and all of a sudden, PS3 Media Server lost the connection to the PS3 and it never connected again.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited:

PatColeman

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2013
Fixed PS3 Media Server on my Mac with Airport Extreme

I stopped using PS3 Media Server at some version of 1.70.x. Everything was running great. I didn't change anything on any part of my network, or any software updates when it stopped working.

I followed the FAQs to the letter and nothing worked, over all the subsequent versions. I spent 2 hours trying to get 1.90.1 to no avail.

Until I decided to go old school Mac and toss the PS3 Media Server prefs and low-and-behold it works.

Go to your Library/Application Support/PMS and toss all the config files in that folder.

Works better than before!

Pat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.