Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:57 PM   #1
AtlUser
macrumors newbie

QuickTake 150 Photos of Wozniak from Today

Earlier today, Steve Wozniak spoke at Georgia State University. I went to see him and brought a QuickTake 150. I took four photos of the event with the camera. After transferring them from the camera using a PowerBook 3400 on System 8.5 (for the serial port) to a Powerbook G4 running 10.3.9 (for AppleTalk) to my current Intel Mac, I thought I would share them.

More info on the event here:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/tech/i...vie/index.html
http://www.gsu.edu/studentevents/events.html

The University's site said that there would a book signing afterwards. I brought a copy of iWoz, but I was hoping he would agree to sign the camera. He was running out of time when I got to the front of the line and it was announced that he had stopped signing and was just taking pictures at this point. I was lucky enough to hear him speak, get a few pictures of him on an Apple relic, and then get my picture taken with him. It had been a good day no matter what.

After I got my group picture taken, I started to walk off the stage. A girl who appeared to be managing the event saw my camera and said he would sign Apple artifacts. I owe her big for that and should have thanked her because at that point Steve agrees to sign it. He pointed out how it was the first camera with a serial port and that Apple wasn't the actual designer, but instead Kodak was. I was pretty dumbstruck at this point and just thanked him.

Getting to see Woz speak, shake his hand, and sign an Apple camera my family has had since 1994 is a personal highlight. A big thanks to Woz and everyone at GSU for the event.

AtlUser is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Wow, awesome story! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:29 PM   #3
David Schmidt
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to David Schmidt
Very nice event and outcomes indeed. He seems like such a good guy by all accounts.
David Schmidt is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:30 PM   #4
fun173
macrumors Demi-God

That is a really great story. Thanks for sharing!
fun173 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors