Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:23 PM   #1
harnz
macrumors newbie

Problems with Parallels/Win8 for mac virgin

retinaMacBookPro 15" - lovely!!
Complete mac virgin - don't think iPad and iPhone count (and I hate iTunes - on a PC anyway).
Bought Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac from Apple store.
Have Windows 8 Pro.
Parallels loaded - fine.
It then said it wanted to download Win8 - Oh?
Maybe this best thing to do - do it its own way - then I can use the product key I have, which is legit, to activate, so I let it do it.
A few hours later (pretty slow connection), Win 8 downloaded
Load their Win 8 - it works but only as atrial version - runs for 2 hours, then shuts dow for an hour!
Tries to send me to Microsoft Store to purchase - no option to activate.
Try putting my Win8 in, that took the code, but still only seen to have the trial version.
Have tried looking on forums various, but the technicalities are so different from my limited PC-based knowledge, I may as well not have bothered.
Any ideas?
Also have to say that the above is my memory of what happened - didn't make notes of every move - hoping it would all be as straightforward as everyone told me macs were - not so - perhaps the malign influence of Microsoft??
harnz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:15 AM   #2
flat4
macrumors member

check this out

http://tweaks.com/windows/39026/chan...after-install/
flat4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac