Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Timmpann
macrumors newbie

Use macbook as apple remote with IR

Hi!

I wonder if it's possible to send IR signals from a macbook, so i can use it as an apple remote.

If it's possible, how do i make it?
And can i send applescripts via IR so i can prank my friends in school and put their macs into sleep, start music, change the volume, open websites for examples?

I know that i can prank them with applescript via ssh, but it's not working on the schools wifi. So IR would be a perfect thing to hack with!

And if it's not possible to run applescripts through IR, can i still use the mac with the same functions as the apple remote has? Like change the volume and put the computer into sleep?
Timmpann is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook