Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RookieAppler

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I am trying to load the mapview in zoomed in mode on first time. I save a record with my current location in zoomed in mode.Close it.Open a new record, give the mapview a new location(2 blocks from my current location).Save it. So i have 2 records now. I open the first record, and it shows me an annotation in world view mode. I open the second record and it shows me that location which i saved for 2nd record in zoomed in mode. I close the 2nd one ,go back and now open the first record and it shows location in zoomed in mode. So how do i get to open the mapview in zoomed in mode the very first time?
If you need more info,please ask.Thanks.
Code:
- (void)setDraggablePinOnMap:(CLLocationCoordinate2D)currentCoordinates
{
 	NSLog(@"458 the current lat is %f", currentCoordinates.latitude);
	NSLog(@"459 the current long val is %f", currentCoordinates.longitude);

[self.nwMapView setMapType:MKMapTypeSatellite];

[self.nwMapView setScrollEnabled:YES];

MKCoordinateRegion extentsRegion = MKCoordinateRegionMakeWithDistance(currentCoordinates, 80, 80);
	extentsRegion.span.longitudeDelta = 0.002f;
	extentsRegion.span.latitudeDelta = 0.002f;

[self.nwMapView setRegion:extentsRegion animated:NO];
	ITMAnnotation *annotation = [[ITMAnnotation alloc] initWithCoordinate:currentCoordinates addressDictionary:nil];
	annotation.title = @"Drag to Move Pin";
	annotation.subtitle = [NSString	stringWithFormat:@"%f %f", annotation.coordinate.latitude, annotation.coordinate.longitude];
	NSLog(@"subtitle change at 314");

[self.nwMapView addAnnotation:annotation];
	self.tempMapView = self.nwMapView;
}

Last edited:

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Is setDraggablePinOnMap: the only place you are calling your mapView's setRegion:animated:? How/where is this method triggered? Also, what is your mapView's userTrackingMode?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.