Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Does anyone have this config to show us the benchmark to see if there any difference between this and base model?

I mean 21.5 at 2.9ghz, Geforce 650M, 8 Gram and fusion drive

i know that the base model has about ~9100 points

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
The iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2012) Intel Core i5-3335S 2700 MHz (4 cores) reaches a value of 8163 where the iMac (21.5-inch Late 2012)
Intel Core i5-3470S 2900 MHz (4 cores) reached 9188.

The fusion drive should not be relevant as this test valuates the processor and memory performance

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
If i want just to play it for 30 min/week , i classify this as casual so....still i think all of the games that comes out from this year you will need a minimum 1gb vram...so said, i think apple i getting behind with the desktop in terms of video cards(beside the max 27" model)

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
If i want just to play it for 30 min/week , i classify this as casual so....still i think all of the games that comes out from this year you will need a minimum 1gb vram...so said, i think apple i getting behind with the desktop in terms of video cards(beside the max 27" model)

That is casual in time, not in requirements. If you want to play high end games at all then you are an "occasional" high end gamer. I've never seen game requirements based on how long you might want to play the game each week. Your system either meets the requirements or not! :)

I agree with you that they should offer more/better options and I really wish they would offer a consumer tower. But considering that most every other manufacture's all-in-one's include just integrated graphics standard, the iMac has an advantage there.

[annoying car analogy]Being upset that you can't play Crysis 3 at all would kinda be like saying you are a casual driver, but occasionally you want to drag race and you are upset that your car doesn't can't go 0-60mph in 5 seconds every once in a while. :D

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
That is casual in time, not in requirements. If you want to play high end games at all then you are an "occasional" high end gamer. I've never seen game requirements based on how long you might want to play the game each week. Your system either meets the requirements or not! :)

I agree with you that they should offer more/better options and I really wish they would offer a consumer tower. But considering that most every other manufacture's all-in-one's include just integrated graphics standard, the iMac has an advantage there.

[annoying car analogy]Being upset that you can't play Crysis
3 at all would kinda be like saying you are a casual driver, but occasionally you want to drag race and you are upset that your car doesn't can't go 0-60mph in 5 seconds every once in a while. :D

I'm hopeful that, now that Intel is loosening the thunderbolt licensing requirements, external GPU boxes connected via TB will lengthen the life of All in Ones like the iMac.

Thunderbolt has alot of potential.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
I have a question: i just played with an 21.5 imac for 5 minutes, i want to see how trailers in full hd are looking so a trailer in 1080p doesn't shown in full screen (there are black borders up and down) so this wasn't any differences in 21.5 widescreen 1080p and my actual monitor 19" . What the hell? i am doing something wrong? because i thought any movie in 1080p will take the full screen experience

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I have a question: i just played with an 21.5 imac for 5 minutes, i want to see how trailers in full hd are looking so a trailer in 1080p doesn't shown in full screen (there are black borders up and down) so this wasn't any differences in 21.5 widescreen 1080p and my actual monitor 19" . What the hell? i am doing something wrong? because i thought any movie in 1080p will take the full screen experience

1080p is the resolution, not the aspect ratio.
The trailer was probably in 2.35:1 rather than 16:9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.